the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

adding immobilzer to after market alarm.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
1mmort4l 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2008 at 4:22 AM / IP Logged  
Hi, thanks for reading.
I have a 2004 Nissan Navara/Frontier that I have just installed an aftermarket alarm to, this is the first time I have tried anything like this.
This is the Alarm.
adding immobilzer to after market alarm. - Last Post -- posted image.
I removed the Immobiliser that was on the car when bought it, and patched up the average job the installer did. I then went at installing the alarm.
I am not too concerned about using it as a remote start, as it seems somewhat harder, and I believe a harness that came with the unit is missing. Anyway, after installing, I am happy with the way it works etc.. but i would really like engine Immobilisation, not just the alarm.
There is a relay that came with the unit, but the instructions mention nothing about it, and I am wondering if this was supposed to be a way the unit stops the vehicle being started until the "unlock" button is pressed.
I really have no idea about alarms and immobilisers, so this may even be a silly question.
I can take a picture of the diagram on the relay if needed, and hopefully it does act as an immobiliser.
Thanks for any help, and I appologise if I have not included enough info.
1mmort4l 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2008 at 5:38 AM / IP Logged  
Here are some pics of the relay.
The numbers on here are: 85 (Top) 87a (Top right) 86 (Bottom) 30 (B Right) I have no idea what the numbers mean.
If this relay is not for Immobilizer, could it be used as an illuminated entry relay?
Cheers,
1mmort4l 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2008 at 8:01 AM / IP Logged  
After searching the site more and more, I have come across this fantastic diagram article!! Great diagrams
My relay appears to be the first one.
Ok, I am half way there!
What I am unsure of is,
I know where to connect 85 and 87a, but I am unsure of where to connect 30 and 86. "To the starter motor" is that a wire that shows 12v when ignition is in the on position? Or is that "Ign on"?
thanks alot.
jeffwhiteman 
Copper - Posts: 124
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2008 at 9:19 AM / IP Logged  
the relay is used here to lift power from the starter. You will need to test for the starter wire in the steering harness. This wire using a meter or high impedence electronic test light will show +12v with the key in the crank position only. it may be black with yellow. This wire needs to be cut. The end coming from the switch will be connected to 87a, and the end going off to the starter will be connected to 30. pin 86 is looking for a 12 volt source. you are looking for a wire that is 12V with the key in the on and crank position. this wire may be BLACK/ white.
1mmort4l 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2008 at 10:13 PM / IP Logged  
Excellent!
Just finished the install.
Thank you very much for the assistance Jeff! Much appreciated mate!
Have a great day!
jeffwhiteman 
Copper - Posts: 124
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2008 at 2:26 PM / IP Logged  
your welcome

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic