icon

remote starter, 97 chevrolet siverado

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
popeye004 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2008 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  
OK I tested the purple wire and there is power there  the whole time what does that mean?
popeye004 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2008 at 11:19 PM / IP Logged  
Accually sorry guys there are 2 purple wires one is about 18AWG and the ohter is about 16 or thicker and that is the starter wire I persume. That wire is coming in from the ignition colum or sterring colum and it has no power at start up. So I wonder if there is a resitor or something else that might of got burnt out because that what I think it is something burnt out all the wires are soldered to where thire supose to be. I was going to post a pic but I dont know what to post of.
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2008 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged  
Have you tried swapping the accessory relay(the one with the orange wires going to it) with the starter relay(purple wires)?
Also, is there a flashing "security" or "theft system" light?
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
popeye004 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2008 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  

chriswallace187 wrote:
Have you tried swapping the accessory relay(the one with the orange wires going to it) with the starter relay(purple wires)?
Also, is there a flashing "security" or "theft system" light?

Yeah there were 3 relays swaped all those and there is another one that is soldered on to the wires but I can hear that and also feel it clicking so That one should be good right, "If a relay clicks is it OK?"

popeye004 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2008 at 11:00 PM / IP Logged  
OK guys I checked the purple wire and there is no power going to it. what should I do now is it a burn out fuse or something else? I checked 3 out of 4 relays and they were fine the forth one was making a clicking sound.
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2008 at 12:57 PM / IP Logged  
On the connector side of that relay where you checked for power, check the heavy gauge red wire for power as well. If the large red wire has power, replace the relay. If it doesn't have power, look for a blown fuse; however as you've stated that the ignition and accessory circuits are working properly I think the relay is probably the source of your problem.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
popeye004 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2008 at 12:57 AM / IP Logged  

Guys I figured it out, I got so fed up of testing relays and fuses I decided to test the entire system so I ripped open the dash and the steering colum and and checked all the wires and sure enough one of the wires in the steering colum broke off the solder so I soldered it back and the truck started. It's the red wire near the end

remote starter, 97 chevrolet siverado - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.remote starter, 97 chevrolet siverado - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

Thanks to everyone here that helped me try to  figure it out.

Thanks 

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic