icon

CD Skips When volume is up

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
JesusTTU 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2003 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged  
I have a Ford Ranger with a Kenwood HU. The ones with the MASK feature. I have one MTX 8000 12" in a custom ported box running of a Punch 250(dinosaur). But whenever i turn the volume up on the HU to my usual listening point, the cd skips continuously. I know i can just turn the gains down but whats the poing of having a quality sound system if you ccant listen to it at its full potential. I have also heard that CD changers would help alot. But are there any other methods to reduce the skipping of the cd playe.
--I already have taken the dash kit apart and pushe up all the metal pins that keep the HU form just sliding out of the dash Kit. It helped a little but not enough..---
THanks for your help
Acoustic Edge Graduate looking for a job...
esmith69 
Gold - Posts: 1,511
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2003 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  

Does it seem like your head unit is not properly secured in the dash?   Or no?  Also, does the CD skip if you bang on the dash near the the unit?  If it seems like there's too much vibration and that's what's making it skip, then you can always try to line the inside of the dash surrounding the unit with dynamat or some other sound dampening material.

wvsquirrel 
Gold - Posts: 1,237
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2003 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  
Do you have a backstrap on the HU? I'm facing the same delima myself with a Sony HU. I know Sony's are prone to skipping, and I will replace it as soon as I can, but the interm is killing me! Backstraps don't always work though, but it is a thought.
Squirrel
"No more Cpt. Kirk chit chat"
If its too loud, then you're too old
Donate to the12volt.com
bdl666 
Silver - Posts: 330
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2003 at 3:34 AM / IP Logged  
Try stuffing some foam under the deck. Try to make it so the deck is tight. Don't use the expanding stuff (told the same to a friend and he used self expanding foam not a pretty sight) use packing foam. And you might be tempted to put it all around the deck but just use it on the bottom.If need it you can use a very small piece on the top (don't cover the entire deck for it needs to breath). This has work me wonders specially with cheap decks.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic