icon

06 silverado remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
shaandpin 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2008 at 12:49 PM / IP Logged  

After some searching and trying a few things I thought I would ask and see if anyone could help.

I have a 5900 installed.  Everything works normal except for remote start.  I know everything is wired properly because it has worked for a long time.  Problem is I left my truck in storage and they never started my truck so the battery died.  This is the second time that place did this to me.

Anyway last time I just took it to where I had it installed and they fixed it for me.  But that store isn't there anymore so Im looking for some instructions on how to get it working.  It learns the tach fine but still just cranks for about a second then retries for about 10.  Last time the guy did something with the brain.  He said all I had to do was reset it for my truck but I can't find that chart anywhere.

ceasar326 
Copper - Posts: 239
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2008 at 1:45 PM / IP Logged  

What he means about reset is the red push button under the dash thats hooked up  to the alarm. You have to push and hold till you here a  beep sound then you press and hold to activade the alarm and it should work fine. try it

shaandpin 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2008 at 10:04 PM / IP Logged  

There is another box hooked up to the brain with a button and led.  Thats the only button i can find. When they put all this stuff in they made a rats nest under my dash.  I should have put this in myself but I got lasy.   Guess I paid for that cause it took me about an hour to undo all of it and put it all back together. 

P.S. Does the truck have to be started to do this? 

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 05, 2008 at 12:06 PM / IP Logged  
Do you know which bypass module they used? If it is a GMBP or similar it may need to be 'reset' or 'relearned' as the installer suggested. I would tend to think this is where your particular problem lies. Does the word 'security' flash in the dash when the system is attempting to remote start?
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2008 at 6:53 AM / IP Logged  
shaandpin wrote:

There is another box hooked up to the brain with a button and led.  Thats the only button i can find. When they put all this stuff in they made a rats nest under my dash.  I should have put this in myself but I got lasy.   Guess I paid for that cause it took me about an hour to undo all of it and put it all back together. 

P.S. Does the truck have to be started to do this? 

This sounds like a 457G or a 1700G bypass. I guess is this has lost it's memory and won't bypass the Passlock. Look on the other box for a part number.

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
zigger215 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2008 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged  
doodiety about the install quality, but it does sound like a 1700g, im not sure about the 457g but i know the 1700g will lose programming with a dead battery, its unfortunate but if you keep having problems bring it by another shop.
"so should that little computer under the dash smell burnt? I DIDN"T DO IT!"

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic