icon

2006 Nissan Murano, Alarm/Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chrisd516 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2008 at 9:06 AM / IP Logged  
 recently installed a PRO-9800 (Audiovox 2-Way Alarm/R/S) in a 2006 Nissan Murano and much to my surprise the turn signals on the dash board do not indicate turning on the instrument cluster, they do however work on the outside.  I did hook up the keysense wire and on just a stroke of luck I came across something weird.  I had left the turn signal on and put the key in the ignition,  I didn't turn the key, just inserted it into the ignition, and the instrument cluster responded.  I did use the keysense wire for disarming the factory alarm, but I don't even know if that needs to be hooked up.. Another thing that has has happened, the trip indicator, telling you how many miles you have driven, resets every single time the ignition turns off and resets to 0 when the car is started again.  I'm thinking it has to do something with the keysense wire, but if that is the case, the wire is POS and since the car has no 2nd igntion I used this wire to power it durning R/S to disarm the alarm,   Any information you can provide will be greatly appreciated..
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2008 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged  

i have never seen a POS disarm wire yet for the cars i have worked on. i would leave the keysense alone and use the disarm wire in the door.

2006 Nissan Murano, Alarm/Remote Start -- posted image.Alarm Disarm RED (-) AT DRIVER DOOR MODULE

2006 Nissan Murano, Alarm/Remote Start -- posted image.Key Sense BLACK/ RED (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

make sure you got the wires correct, just check again

2006 Nissan Murano, Alarm/Remote Start -- posted image.Ignition 1 BLACK/ RED (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS 
2006 Nissan Murano, Alarm/Remote Start -- posted image.Accessory 1 WHITE/ BLUE (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS 
2006 Nissan Murano, Alarm/Remote Start -- posted image.Accessory 2 RED (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS 
2006 Nissan Murano, Alarm/Remote Start -- posted image.Starter 1 BLACK/ RED (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS 
2006 Nissan Murano, Alarm/Remote Start -- posted image.Starter 2 BLACK / YELLOW (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

hydroz_23 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2008 at 11:57 PM / IP Logged  
you do not need a keysense wire at all on this vehicle. it will disarm the factory security when it sees the transponder. the only reason you would need this is if you used a 556u instead of a xk07 and only if the car has the intelligent key.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 06, 2008 at 6:31 AM / IP Logged  
Exactly what hydroz_23 said.....the tech sheet for that car has a few timewasters in it.
What did you use for the transponder bypass? Does this Murano have the Intelligent Key?
chrisd516 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2008 at 7:51 AM / IP Logged  
Just a conventional key it has with a chip inside. I used an ASTCBM, a 556u (Directed)   The BLACK/ red wire is a POS wire and is the keysense wire, and I did use that for disarming the factory alarm.  I can disconnect the BLACK/ red wire from the installation but what are the chances that will fix the problem?  I'm starting to think this has to be a fuse somewhere blown.  I just don't see the keysense wire being energized during R/S would cause two problems like this.  If anything it's a wire that didn't need to be connected....
chrisd516 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2008 at 2:04 PM / IP Logged  
So turned out that it was in fact a FUSE.  Underneath the dashboard there is a fuse called "meter", and this apparently controls the lights flashing on the instrument cluster and also controls the trip odometer in the cluster as well.  I did however disconnect the keysense wire and the factory alarm did not sound.  Thanks for the input.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic