icon

audiopulse epic, image dynamics idq10

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mrpurple 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2008 at 12:41 AM / IP Logged  
So I've already got an Alpine PDX-1.1000 just waiting for someone to play with. Been researching 10" subs quite a bit and think I've narrowed it down to two choices to install in a 06 Scion xB. for mids/ highs I've got two pair of Focal 165a1's that are going to be placed in the front and rear doors,and doors will be sealed up with deadening material. Those will be powered by a PDX-4.100
The two subs considering:
Audiopulse Epic 10"- 2ohm DVC
Image Dynamics IDQ10V3.D2
Have heard great things about both subs, but wanted to get some feedback on these two products from people who've heard/ tried them out. I'm looking for a sound that leans moere on the SQ side, but can accurately play at a decent volume every once and a while. Not talking about stupid annoying thumping loud, but enough to hear at shows while everyone else has their systems going too. The plan is 2- 2ohm DVC 10" subs with voice coils wired in series/ subs wired in parallel to give each sub 500RMS @ 2ohms. Box is already built, and it has two separate sealed chambers with approx .90 cubic feet each. Both subs will fit, but I'm pretty limited for mounting depth space, so the Epic wins in that department as it's mounting depth is slightly smaller than the Image Dynamics. Price of the two is really close as the Epic is only like $10 cheaper.
Post up any thought on performance, customer service with the two companies, and any other advice. Thanks!
theterminator 
Copper - Posts: 96
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2008 at 4:28 AM / IP Logged  
I have a TC-3000 which is pretty much an Audiopulse sub just there older model and love it. Im sure that the epic is just as good. That PDX and Epic sub would sound very good.
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2008 at 9:30 AM / IP Logged  
I love the Epics. I have those very same woofers, with that very same amp. REALLY amazing combination.
I believe they are cheaper than the IDQs, too...
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
mrpurple 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2008 at 8:03 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the comments. I'm leaning towards the Epic 10" as it's a little cheaper, overall smaller, and it's specs are a little better (Epic has more excursion, and good Qes/Qms numbers) than the Image Dynamics. Just haven't heard much on the product once they switched names and what not. Curious if there were any design or performance changes at all compared to when they were TC sounds.
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 11, 2008 at 2:35 AM / IP Logged  
228 bucks before shipping for the Epic is pretty steep IMO.
You just missed out on a HUGE sale on TC-1000s for like 129 each plus shipping.
mrpurple 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2008 at 2:51 AM / IP Logged  
bust...should of been there yesterday type thing I guess. audiopulse epic, image dynamics idq10 -- posted image.
Are you saying that $228 is a little steep cause you used to be able to get the TC 1000's for cheaper, or because there are other subs out there that are equivalent for a better price.
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 11, 2008 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged  
Same sub but they just doubled the price...If you look around on some forums there are people selling TC subs for a good price.
IIRC over at steve meade's forum there is a guy selling two 12" TC-1000's for a very good price.
For 228 dollars there are other good choices that are better and actually worth the price.
mrpurple 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2008 at 5:19 AM / IP Logged  
Do you have any experience with the Image Dynamics IDQ10V3.D2?
That's the other line I'm considering also. What other 10" subs in the general price range do you feel are comparable or better than the Epics? Always like to hear people's opinions. Something might come up that better suits me.
mrpurple 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2008 at 5:11 AM / IP Logged  
Let me throw one more in the mix that I've been looking at also. The Dayton HO 10". Have been reading A LOT of good things about that sub, and it's priced right at under $150. Only concern is that a lot of reviews say ported is the way to go with these to get them to play low. Any experiences anyone???
I'm kinda up in the air on the Audiopulse Epics. There's just soooo much drama going on with that company, and major customer service issues . Don't like the idea of buying a product and possibly not being able to get the support if needed.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic