the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

module that triggers on the second pulse?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jasonnovak 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2008 at 10:44 AM / IP Logged  
I need a module that will watch for an input pulse ... when it sees one it will watch for 3-4 seconds, and if it gets a 2nd input pulse it will then output the pulse. If not, it resets and watches for the 1st pulse again. Does such a module exist?
For some context, I have a 1998 Camaro, which has progressive door locks from the keyless remote. A common mod is to splice the driver/passenger unlocks together at the BCM, so one press of the remote now unlocks both doors, and the passenger unlock wire can be used to drive a DEI 530t to roll the windows down (really nice with T-Tops). The problem is the power door lock switches now trigger this window roll-down, too. If a module existed that you could put between the passenger unlock on the BCM and the 530t that would only trigger on a second pulse that would fix this in most cases.
icarus_icarus 
Copper - Posts: 229
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2008 at 1:06 AM / IP Logged  

This should work for you:

http://peripheralelectronics.com/products.aspx?Productid=269

Read through the instruction manual they have listed at option 11-16...

·Ď˘ĺrµ§·
module that triggers on the second pulse? - Last Post -- posted image.
jasonnovak 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2008 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks ... this sounds like just what I needed, I think mode #14 should work.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 11, 2008 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  
Hey, I have a Camaro too, a '96 RS convertible.
There's another way you could probably get what you want with an ordinary relay. (Maybe not exactly what you asked for, but it should solve your problem.)
First, you might want to go to the Relays section on this forum, if you're not already aware of how relays operate.
Then, wire up a relay like this:
85: chassis ground
86: vehicle ignition or accessory
87: no connection
Whatever wire you have that triggers the windows-down of the 530T..........cut it in half, and connect one side to 87a, and one side to 30.
HOW IT WORKS:
When the relay is at rest, the 530T will work just the way it does now.
When the car's ignition is on, the relay energizes, breaking the wire that triggers the 530T, and therefore, it won't work.
TIP: Instead of just ignition, see if you can find the RAP (Retained Accessory Power) wire. The yellow switched-power wire at the back of the radio would work, but maybe you could find it somewhere else that's easier.
Then, even after you park the car and shut the engine off, the relay will remain energized.......so if you're hitting the unlock button to get out of the car, the windows won't roll down.
jasonnovak 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2008 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged  
I missed that last reply until just now... I was using a relay before but I pulled it because I was having problems. Getting it to go from a RAP source should work ok over the PTR7... just have to lock it from the remote I assume?
So I'm going back to using a relay, however I'm still having the problem ... even when the relay is being powered by a simple switched source (or when I open the door from a RAP source) the windows automatically roll down. I can't figure out why ... I'm going into the RED / white 530t wire (- auxiliary input) between 87a and 30, and than 85 GND, 86 switched/RAP 12v.
jasonnovak 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2008 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  
To clarify ... when power is turned off by ignition or via RAP the door is opened, the windows roll down.
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2008 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  
What do you have the RED / white wire connected to on the other side of the relay?
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
jasonnovak 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2008 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  
The other side runs to the factory BCM so it knows when it would be trying trying to unlock the passenger door on the second remote press. It is rolls down the windows correctly on the 2nd press, I just can't figure out why it also rolls them down then the relay loses power. That should allow the BCM to talk to the 530t, but unless a pulse is sent to trigger it it shouldn't do anything?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic