viper 5900 remote start lights

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
matrixlu 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2008 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  

hey,

i may have heard a chirp.  i'm not quite certain though.  i may redo the whole process again to confirm whether it chirped or not since I had already done it once, so a repeated process shouldn't change anything.

could you also check in the manual whether turning the ignition key to the on position, then off position and pressing the valet button until it chirped once.. let ting go and the alarm sounded for 1 second and then cut itself off...  - whether that programed anthing or not? 

thanks a lot

hurleyloser 
Copper - Posts: 157
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2008 at 11:15 PM / IP Logged  
if you held the button till it chirped once then let go, then you didn't program anything the only way to program is to select a feature by pressing the amount of button presses and holding in, and pressing lock or unlock while holding it. the long alarm sound just lets you know you exited programming mode, either by not doing anything for more than five seconds, or cycling the ignition.
MECP Master Certified Technician
ASE A6 Certified Technician
matrixlu 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2008 at 9:31 AM / IP Logged  

Ok.  So I repeated all the steps and noticed that when I held the button on the 5th push, it chirped and then I hit the unlock button which made it chirped again.  I then turned the ignition on and off.  at this point, i tried the R/S, but the lights continued flashing.

any thought?

on my first initial try, i had pushed the unlock button while the system was chirping for the 5th push.  this time, i pushed the unlock after the chirping from the 5th push.

Still not working though.

fcss 
Copper - Posts: 92
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2008 at 11:32 AM / IP Logged  

this is what you do

locate your valet button

with a door open turn  your key on then off in the ign switch then press and hold the valet button till you hear 3 chirps after you hear the 3 chirps you then press the valet button 5 times on the 5 th press you hold the button dont let it go you will hear 4 chirps (letting you know you are in the 4 step which is parking flash or constant ) while hold the valet button down you will hit the unlock button on you viper remote you will then hear 2 chirps it is then  changed to constant. now release the valet button turn your key back on then off you will hear the siren go off that lets you know that you are out of programing.

Hope this makes sense and helps  

matrixlu 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2008 at 6:11 PM / IP Logged  

i'll look into this later.  i think i know what i did wrong. 

at the first initial valet button push, i pushed it until i heard 3 chirps, which put me at option menu 2 (1 chirp for menu 1 plus 2 chirps for menu 2 = 3 chirps).  instead, i should've pushed it and held it until 1 chirp (menu 1) goes by, 2 chirps (option 2) goes by, and 3 successive chirps (menu 3) - what i wanted.

sorry for all the confusion and thanks to all for sticking with me through it all!

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic