icon

crimestopper cs 2900

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
TooDark 
Copper - Posts: 163
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2008 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone install crimestopper? I have a question about the CS-2900. My unit when locking sends a unlock then a lock pulse. When unlockng it sends a lock then a unlock pulse. Does anyone know why?
bbullers 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2008 at 1:51 AM / IP Logged  

I've installed several Crimestopper Units in the past. I Just installed a 2012 last weekend to be exact. I can help you, but I need to know what vehicle you are installing this into. I'm assuming that it's a GM of somesort with a one wire locking system, at least that's been my expierence. The sooner you get me the details, the better. I have your install manual from this link....... http://crimestopper.com/techweb/InstructionBooks/ComboSystem/cs2011dp_2900dp_II_b_ins.pdf Check it out, and let me know if I'm right about this too.

Thanks.... remember the more details, the better

The Only Stupid Question, is the one Un-asked
TooDark 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2008 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged  
It is in a 04 Nissian Maxima. I used the CAN-SL2 bypass. The remote starter is sending an oppsite pulse before the one I want? I have installed alot of other crimestopper units but never the CS-2900. None of the other unit worked like this. The matter fact I pulled a 2016 of the car before putting the 2900 in.
bbullers 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2008 at 12:25 PM / IP Logged  
I've checked all the wiring diagrams that I have access to, and it looks to me that you may have the lock and unlock wires backwards. It also looks pretty diffucult, because they also say to "Test the wires by turning the key in the door lock cylinder" which I obviously can't do. Try going back and checking the wires again. I'm sure you did it right, but humor me and double check, then let me know.
TooDark 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2008 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged  
Wires are correct. I just removed a 2016 from the car (which was working fine, just wanted to upgrade) minutes before installin the 2900. When I press lock it does lock, when I press unlock it deos unlock, but it does the oppsite first. When lock is press the RS unlocks the doors then locks them. When unlock is press it will lock the doors then unlocks them. The RS is sending 2 different signals one right after the other. Make sense?
bbullers 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2008 at 12:18 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah, that helps a bit more.... I'm thinking that you have both the Green and Blue Wires for the lock/unlock from the brain... I'm reading that you have a Negitive locking system, lock from single pulse and unlock from double pulse..... Try this......    grab a Digi multi meter and check wich wire gets the double pulse,  after you hit unlock.... only use that wire. Make sure that it's a neg double pulse thats being sent... If that doesn't work, let me know, and we'll go from there. Sorry I haven't been much help thus far, I'm trying though!  good luck!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic