icon

asianwolf 8000rs problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
alscrx 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2008 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged  

Yes my led blinks when the alarm seems dead!  Are there codes to match with the blinks???

Ok, when i am unable to arm or disarm, The +12 wires are still getting 12v when i ground the voltmeter to my extra 12volt battery i used to make sure i had a good ground when testing.

When i used the ground termal on the alarm brain, the +12 wires get like 2-3volts. Now i tried hooking that ground from the brain straight to the negative terminal of the battery and the alarm worked fine!

So far its been working since i left it connected to neg terminal on battery for testing.....if it continues to work than the ground was no longer good. Its weird how the ground is no longer a good spot after 2 years of being in the same spot and working fine.

noobie4life 
Copper - Posts: 80
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2008 at 8:08 PM / IP Logged  
Its not uncommon for a ground to go bad over time depending on where the ground is located. For instance if you have the ground under the hood, in time that bare metal will start to rust and get build up of "goop". You could simply remove that ground and clean off the area. If you are having no problems what so ever with grounding it to the battery nagative, then you have a bad chassis ground. But I honestly would not run the ground to the battery. All someone has to do is pop the hood and cut that wire then. On mostly all vehicle's there is only 1 wire that goes to that battery terminal anyways, so It wouldnt be hard to tell which wire is which. I honestly dont remember where I have my ground, but I do know that I have it inside the car. You could also try running that ground to somewhere inside the car. If you have another ground that you previously installed, you can test your alarm by running the ground wire to that ground. If it works, then you can either use that ground then or make a new ground. But I would keep it inside the car.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic