icon

front speakers, 96 saab 900

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
brent88 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2008 at 4:07 PM / IP Logged  
So from what i have found, some of these cars came from the factory with speakers in the front door and some did not. the car i am workin on did not come with the speakers in the front doors. I, for the life of me, can not get a dash snake through the boot under the dash. The door side of the boot is actually a plug. My question is, whether it came with front door speakers or not, will there be wires? I am not quite sure how to do the job if there is not, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Brent
daboss593 
Copper - Posts: 154
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2008 at 10:15 AM / IP Logged  
ok 1st check this out  how to wire through a door molex. my car is an old school caddy. so i didnt have the molex like you do i have a rubber boot alot easier to deal with. my car didnt have the speakers in the factory spots. but i did have room for them. i had the cut a hole in the door metal and panel. i used an air nibbler to cut the metal in the door and a very fine port jig to cut my panel. due to the size of these i still had to use a pod attached to the door also. dont know what car you have nor speakers. but you have to be carefull and make sure every thing is clear the window motor, door gears every thing. window guides can also be a pain. you can put anything any where. the sky is the limit. if there is no speaker there now? then there will be no wires you will have to run them. boot under the dash? are you talking about the boot behind most cars heater cores? if so mine was real pain also  took 2 guys to get it thorugh. we used a more sturdy thing to get the wire through. jst a simple coat hanger bent to shape etc.
OWWWWWWWWWWW you said you discharged the cap!
brent88 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2008 at 11:53 AM / IP Logged  
well it was a 96 saab 900. from what the saab dealership told me, the ones sold in the US did not come with front door speakers. There were no wires in the door and i conceded to defeat. but that is a great page, and now i know.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic