icon

kenwood 7120

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xscash 
Copper - Posts: 317
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2008 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  

on all kenwoods ive installed there is a 2 zone button, allowing you to have a dvd playing in the head unit, outputting dvd audio to the rear speakers and allowing you to select another source of audio on the front speakers. but you could also change the video appearing on the hu to the dvd video.

i have yet to get this model to do this. i can do all but bring up the video of the dvd(unless the dvd is selected for the front speakers as well)

the older units had a v.select button on the hu, this one only has it on the remote. pressing this button will select the navi video, but not the dvd.

any help would be great

xs

expandable sound
south of boston
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2008 at 5:56 PM / IP Logged  
Is the parking brake set?
Support the12volt.com
xscash 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2008 at 6:42 PM / IP Logged  
yes, the dvd works....just not in the manner i mentioned
expandable sound
south of boston
xscash 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2008 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  

UPDATE;   spoke to a "level2 tech" at kenwood. he said they removed that function. they hooked up a 7120 to duplicate the situation and saw no work around.

however, since then i have found a work around. there is a navi button on the HU, if you hold this button in for 1 second, the rear viw cam comes on. using a relay and a short rca cable i made a video switch. this will allow the video out from the HU to feed the rear view in during normal use. and when the reverse lights are powered the relay latches and the camera is now on screen. you can select any other audio source and then press and hold the navi button and all is well!

xs

expandable sound
south of boston
mrcllusb 
Copper - Posts: 489
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2008 at 7:35 AM / IP Logged  
So this means that the way Kenwood has setup the 7120 in 2 zone mode is to only display dvd video on the rear monitor or monitors and the only picture display on the main screen i can have is nav,cd or radio?
"ole blake"

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic