kenwood kvt 717dvd

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hollywood_sound 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2008 at 12:05 AM / IP Logged  

Hey guys

Im new to this forum and I would like to introduce myself. My name is Chris and located in Regina, Saskatchewan. Incase you are wondering, its in Canada lol. I have been installing stereos as a hobby for 3 years and never had any problems so far. I have a Kenwood KVT-717DVD unit in my car and its been in there for about 2 years. A week ago it was working fine until the next morning it quit working. The screen powers on and folds out but I just get a message saying that "Data cable cannot be found". I checked the cable from the head until to the brain and nothing had gone loose. The brain is mounted in the Trunk right beside the amp. I first thought that this could be a ground problem so I checked my ground connection and it was good. I can hear the fan running in the brain. The data cable is sending power to the unit. When I disconnect the Data cable the fan does not run. But when I disconnect the power for the brain while the data cable is still plug the fan stays running. I am thinking that  there is power problem with the brain.  This one has got me thinking.

gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2008 at 11:09 PM / IP Logged  
Does sound like the hideaway isn't connected to the head. You could pop over to your local Kenwood dealer and see if they have another cable you could try to see if the cable has gone bad (I have never seen it happen, but, anything is possible). I believe your local there is Innovation Audio, pretty good guys to deal with.
The other thing to check would be the +12V supply to the hideaway, the fuse may have blown (yellow wire).
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic