icon

alarm sensitivity and airplanes

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thadrizzle 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2008 at 2:48 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, we are in the process of finding the "sweet spot" at the moment. Yea, it's a great alarm it's just one of the least expensive ones but, like I said I can still add at least 2 more switches or w/e to add to the different ways to trip the alarm. One we have been thinking about is adding something to the windows or at least the back one in case someone breaks into that one. Don't they make add-ons that look like a/v antenna's that run along the seem of the windows for added protection.
Oh, and thanks for everyones input so far. This site has been a God send for me.alarm sensitivity and airplanes - Page 2 -- posted image.
I love this stuff. Took me 34 years to find my calling but, I think this is it. I love pulling wires he! he!
brcidd 
Copper - Posts: 274
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2008 at 9:10 AM / IP Logged  

You said your CS 2012 has NO diagnostics-- but this is in your owner's manual online......Did you read it in your manual on Page 9?

The CS-2012TW1 system includes disarm diagnostics, through the RED LED light, that will help in determining what caused the last trigger of the alarm system. This is a valuable tool in determining how the vehicle was tampered with or if there is a false alarm problem in which case you can make the necessary adjustments to correct the problem. When the system is disarmed with the remote you will hear the normal 2 chirps, then 4 quick chirps that indicate the alarm was triggered while you were away. Check the LED light for a sequence of flashes:

Shock Sensor = 1 Flash

Door = 2 Flashes

Hood/Trunk = 3 Flashes

Ignition = 4 Flashes

Diagnostics will reset when the Ignition is turned on or when the system is re-armed.

Brcidd - Engineer That Does Remote Starter Installs on the side.
bbullers 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2008 at 11:32 AM / IP Logged  

No, I didn't say that my 2012 does not have diagnostics. I'm very familier with Crimestopper units, and their features, I've installed several of them. Thank you for you're input though. Very detailed, your research is much appreciated. Thanks.

The Only Stupid Question, is the one Un-asked
thadrizzle 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2008 at 12:31 PM / IP Logged  
I have the cs2000 rev.III I believe. Any ideas for added security?alarm sensitivity and airplanes - Page 2 -- posted image.
I love this stuff. Took me 34 years to find my calling but, I think this is it. I love pulling wires he! he!
bbullers 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2008 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged  
I'm actually working on adding a flasher to my Siren output for my intierior lights, once I get it all going, I'll let you know how I did it, and how it works
thadrizzle 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2008 at 1:54 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, thats a great idea and right along what I was looking for. Thanks and please let me know how u are going to do it or plan to do it/when it's done.
Thanks,
Jason
Also my friend says after he unlocks the car and gets in and cranks it that it sets off the alarm... You think it is something he is doing or something I may have wired wrong. I will probably be going by his home soon and I was just wondering. This was my 1st alarm and had it took a minute longer to figure out it may have been my last. lol Now, I just need to tighten it up a little before I dive into another.alarm sensitivity and airplanes - Page 2 -- posted image.
bbullers 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2008 at 12:11 AM / IP Logged  

I'll let you know man. and, I have no Idea wth is going on with the alarm going off

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic