icon

smart window module trigger

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
shepbears 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2008 at 8:24 PM / IP Logged  
hi i have a 96 chrysler cirrus and i want to install the smart window module. It requires a (-)signal steady or pulse which would usualy come from the aux on the alarm but i still have the factory alarm. Are there any alternates that would work? thanks
peterubers 
Silver - Posts: 706
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2008 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged  

You can tie into one of your lock wires (at the actual lock actuator in any door) to use the "LOCK" button on your keyfob as a (-) trigger to initiate the window roll-up process.

This would involve removing a door panel, carefully testing several wires that attach to the actuator to identify a wire than changes polarity upon pressing the lock button ... and then possibly reversing the polarity with a SPDT relay, and using the (-) trigger for your window roll-up module.. You figure this, you'll already be in the door for the wires you need for window roll-up.. so it might work out.

best of luck, chime in again if you need more help

The search function is your friend.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2008 at 6:55 PM / IP Logged  
The above method would roll up your windows every time you lock your doors. Driving around in the car with the windows down in the summer, you hit lock....and the windows go up. Probably not what you want.
Two relays will do it for you....assuming a momentary signal will roll the windows up all the way.
Relay 1
86 - ignition
85 - ground
87a - 87a of relay 2
30 - ground
Relay 2
86 - (+) lock motor wire in drivers door
85 - ground
87a - 87a of relay 1
30 - to (-) trigger input of window module
The above 2 relay setup will allow you to lock the doors when the ignition is ON without rolling up the windows.
shepbears 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2008 at 2:14 PM / IP Logged  
thanks, it works but it triggers the windows when i pull my key out and when i hit the lock. I need it to just trigger when i hit the locks. I used the diagram below.
" Two relays will do it for you....assuming a momentary signal will roll the windows up all the way.
Relay 1
86 - ignition
85 - ground
87a - 87a of relay 2
30 - ground
Relay 2
86 - (+) lock motor wire in drivers door
85 - ground
87a - 87a of relay 1
30 - to (-) trigger input of window module "

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.