2003 Silverado Hi/Lo adapter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thechad6 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2003 at 2:19 PM / IP Logged  

Karl@go2pac...

Do you know for sure that the OEM1 will work on a 2003 Silverado factory RDS (class 2) deck? I don't have any onStar, CD Changer,  XM, DVD, or any special extras as needed by some of your products, but I want to connect an aftermarket amp n' sub to the existing deck...  Any other options available? What's the deal with the new C2A-GM24? what'll it buy me that the OEM1 wont?

Thanks,

.:theChad:.
gruv2ths 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2003 at 2:32 PM / IP Logged  

Chad,

What i did was connect a hi/lo to the REAR outs of the deck. (not the fronts this way you don't get the door chime at 100 watts) Then i put in a EQ in the sun glass pocket above the rear view mirror. Its way easier than it looks. If you decide it do it, remove the passenger sun visor and run your cables down the pillar. (no biggie really and people freak when they see it!) Then i added a 4 channel amp and a bazooka tube. The only real challenge is a remote turn on that is consistent with the behavior with the radio. (IE radio stays on as long as the door has not been opened) If you go in the door you can get the TRUE door trigger wire, if not you have to deal with there digital system and you will need the module. Otherwise use the door trigger wire to un-latch some relays that you set to latch when the ign comes on. If you need the setup let me know.. I also have a circuit that i designed that will give you window roll ups that will work with the factory keyless system.

If you get any more info please let me know.. it has taken me forever to come up with some of this stuff!

-Stephen

mattwho 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2003 at 2:36 PM / IP Logged  
Any Ideas of those Window roll ups will work with other GM Vehicles?  I have a Buick Rendezous and that would be a nice addition.
mattwho?
gruv2ths 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2003 at 2:43 PM / IP Logged  

It should ..All the circuit dose is AND (function of digital logic) of the horn and the parking lights and the door lock pulse. When it sees all 3 of those signals at the same time it sends a negative that should trigger any window mod. The negative signal will stay there until the door is opened. Really i can make it any way you want. Let me know and i can send you a schematic..

-Stephen

go2pac 
Copper - Posts: 179
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2003 at 6:27 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, the AOEM-GM24 will work for your vehicle. Just use the rear outputs for the aftermarket amplifier. The front left output will have chimes which you don't want to come out of the aftermarket amplifier.
Karl
Pacific Accessory Corporation
Mobile Audio Interfacing Equipment
Connecting You to Your Music Since 1976
thechad6 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2003 at 11:26 PM / IP Logged  

gruv2ths,

did you get the PM's I sent you? ..asking for info...?

Thanks,

thechad6 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2003 at 11:28 PM / IP Logged  

gruv2ths,

you get those PMs I sent?

neasdom 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2003 at 3:14 PM / IP Logged  
Hey, I'd like those window rollup schematics also. I also have a 2003 Silverado. I did get the metra class II unit and got rid of my stock head unit all together. It cost more money, but it works nice and sound like a lot less hassle. Anyway, glad to see someone else with a 2003 Silverado is posting too. This is my first install and have been going round and round with ideas. I like the EQ in the Sun Glass pocket idea (although I currently have two CD cases (10 cd's each) that fit perfectly snug right there. I was going to put an EQ in the half din slot under my head unit.
No man has ever known everything about any one thing.
- Isaac Asimov -
gruv2ths 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2003 at 11:44 PM / IP Logged  

Hello all..

Well here Is where I am in the development of my Silverado box.. What it will do now, (at least it Will do it on my bench!) is give you a ‘negative when armed’, a flashing LED output, a real useable remote turn on and it will do it with either polarity on the input side. I figured with a few lines of code I could get rid of a block or noisy relays so why not integrate the remote turn on function in the box. It cant tell when your radio is off, it will stay on until the door is opened. (in later revs I might be able to sense the radio being on or off) When my summer class is over I am going to build one and run it in my truck. After that I can post the schematic, and the sorce code for the micro-controller. If you guys don’t have a programmer or could care less about one, I can sell you either the programmed chip or the whole box). Why don’t you guys give me some ideas on what else we could do to make this box cool..

-Stephen   (is a zebra a black horse with white stripes or a white horse with black stripes???)

neasdom 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2003 at 7:37 AM / IP Logged  
How about an auto arming/roll up the windows feature. The the nice Viper alarms have. Or be able to inch the windows down with the remote. (hey you asked for ideas that would make it cool). Hey do you know a way to program the odometer display to read out your name (or another message) instead of "Driver 1" and "Driver 2" when you start up your truck?
No man has ever known everything about any one thing.
- Isaac Asimov -
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic