icon

93 Civic EX keyless questions

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
integration20 
Copper - Posts: 49
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2003 at 7:12 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys I need your help. I had my alarm installed by a shop that supposedly knew what they were doing and the guy installing it did replace some scews for me that did need replace. Well at the time I didn't have my door panels on my car and the guy told me once I put my door panels back on the Keyless entry would work. Well I get home put them on and it doesn't work. So when I finally get time to go back since they are over 30 mins away and I have a job I go back and the guy looks at it and says that my door locks are messed up. So then I had a friend who had a boughten a 93 civic ex brand new and was never modified and my locks acted the same way his did. So then I go back awhile later and he said he couldn't figure out what the problem is. Then later on my courtesy dome light didn't come up when I unlocked my car, and I can't remember if it was aroudn the same time, but now when I set the alarm or disarm it my blinkers don't flash like they use to. Furthermore when I hit my brakes my front blinkers come on but do not blink. I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I'm not near my car right now, but in the next few weeks I will be and wanted to see if you guys could helpe me out first. Also the Alarm is a Viper 500esp. Thank you inadvance.
Integration20
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2003 at 11:06 AM / IP Logged  
Sounds like they screwed something up. I would make sure they fix it.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
integration20 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2003 at 11:21 AM / IP Logged  

I think the dome light and blinkers is a loose wire. I remember replugging in this blue wire and actually I think it is on the "lights" part and thats why it could be lighting up like that. Where would I be able to find the "keyless" entry area that a wire should be hooked up on. Thanks inadvance!

jrilla wrote:
Sounds like they screwed something up. I would make sure they fix it.

Integration20
10nesne1 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2003 at 11:32 AM / IP Logged  
Do you have factory power door locks? If you do the factory power door lock relay module is on the driver door. It's the brown box mounted above the door speaker. The wires are GREEN / WHITE (lock negative) and GREEN/ red (unlock negative).
Parking light wire (RED / black) is located on the fusebox.
If you have domelight illumanation hooked up on your vehicle than the wire is GREEN/ red negative.
Before you check all those feature you show check the fuses on the alarms.
good luck.
integration20 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2003 at 11:48 AM / IP Logged  
Yes I do have factory power door locks. I think I know which one your talking about. Do you happen to know what color the wires would be for the Keyless from the Viper alarm, or woudl the shop use whatever color they had to extend it if needed? Thanks for the help!
Integration20
10nesne1 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2003 at 8:36 PM / IP Logged  
Here is the wiring diagram for the Viper 500ESP alarm system. http://www.directed.com/guides/manuals/ig/viper/N439V.pdf
Good luck
integration20 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2003 at 9:50 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks, they took that out when I got it installed. They only gave me the owners manual.
Integration20

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic