icon

08 chrysler 300 alarm?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
inkdemon 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2008 at 3:51 PM / IP Logged  
Ok here's the question. If I did not mind having the extra transmitter on my keychain,can a regualr alarm be installed on my car? I ask only because all the alarm places want upwards of 350 and more to just add an alarm to my keyless entry,and want to add the box that tells the car pc the key is there(forget what these are called). Anyways,the car key if not used of course means the car is disabled,so I don't need a starter disabler,but I would want an audible alarm that can have extra sensors added(ie glass break or microwave)Can one of todays alarms be wired in the way they used to be,before the systems became this advanced? Tapping into the door switch wires and trunk sitch wire to set it off? Am I making any sense? THanks for any and all comments and suggestions.
And have a Great Day!
Leon aka INKDEMON
tonyberg 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2008 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  
it can be done but its going to be more expensive since that whole car runs off a CANBUS system....you bought a luxury car, now fork up the money to add the options to it.
inkdemon 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2008 at 6:29 AM / IP Logged  
THanks for putting it that way. What if I were to say it was a charger,would it be ya bought a sports car? Or a magnum? THey all have the same system. Paying extra because of the system is one thing,and sure it's going to cost more because it seems its all new to the install shops around here. Hell the first shop I went to said they only did one new 300 and it was a p.i.t.a. because of thesystem. But I'm sure after a few it will become something thats done as quick as the older systems. Anyways. THanks for the response?
And have a Great Day!
Leon aka INKDEMON
tonyberg 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2008 at 7:04 AM / IP Logged  
The reason its more expensive is because you HAVE to use an interface, its not like the old days where you can tap into door lock wires and use an analog signal.  The door trigger is tied into the latch, which is tied to the drivers door module, when you open the door the drivers door module sends a BUS message to the CCN(cabin cluster node) or your cluster that says "the door is open" and the cluster turns on the domelight and turns on the indicator on the dash. When you lock the door via the FOBIK, you hit the lock button on the remote, which sends a wireless signal to the WCM(wireless control module) which busses a message to the CCN, which then sends out a message to all the door modules that says "lock the doors". The install isnt any more complex than before, you just have to use the module and retail on those modules is in the 75-100 USD range. 
inkdemon 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2008 at 8:50 AM / IP Logged  
Understood now. As I did a lil reading on the net about canbus and the sata link can-sl. I now see you do need it. I was just wondering if would be able to wire one the old way and use the extra fob. But now I understand better. THanks for explaining it,and I do appreciate the feedback and response. I actually was going to add teh factory alarm myself. Well needless to say after I got the dash apart,the module they sent me(chrysler)is for an 07 and earlier. THe harness was for a 5 pin plug,the newer ones are what a 12? Anyways,I'm waiting to see what the parts dept comes up with as they have an 08 catalog,BUT all parts are showing up to 07. Go figure. THanks again. I think my biggest thing on the install with a shop is they are all saying give it a day. May not take that long,but they all are saying its a days work because its all still new to them.
And have a Great Day!
Leon aka INKDEMON
hydroz_23 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2008 at 11:18 PM / IP Logged  
if your not trying to do a remote start in your car you can add a alarm just fine without any modules. the car STILL has resistor doorlocks that you can tie into, STILL has individual door triggers, STILL has a positive domelight, STILL has lock/unlock motor wires underdash, you can not do a starter kill very easily but we just do a ignition kill. you dont have to go into any of the doors or anywhere else in the car except for your siren. the 08 is the exact same as a 07 for the alarm wiring. i work at 3 dealerships preloading alarms in all the 08 and 09 chrysler, jeep and dodge and others. remote start is quite a bit different and i have done several rs too. your best bet is a factory keyless upgrade unless you want a pager alarm. i dont know any model numbers off the top except for audiovox pro-9233 or a code cpl100 or something, i use the audiovox, that will give you a full feature alarm and allow you to add sensors using your factory fob.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic