icon

generic car alarm diagram

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
antexter 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2008 at 1:40 PM / IP Logged  
So I brought a car alarm finally got around to fitting it and no supprise lost the wiring diagram.
This isn't a toad or viper system etc its a generic one no name just says car security alarm system.
So I'm wondering if its possible for anyone to help me find one or hopfully make one up.
Features of the alarm are:
Remote in arm/disarm, silent arm, trigger memory
Central door lock automatically, car finding, engine gut off
LED indicator status, anti-hijacking and anti0burglary, remote trunk open
1 million groups of code learning modes
Waterproof remote controller, flip key remote available
Modern metal hasp remote controller, modern metal hasp push-cover remote, modern metal hasp remote, delicacy buttin, emergancy disarm feature
Remote start engine/pre-warm car function
Learn code/hopping design
Selection can be programmed by remote, such as two pulse trunk release, valet mode, engine immobilizer and over ride shock sensor function, central lock and unlock control car alarm.
their just features I don't exactly have all them all I have is central locking kit I've fitted.
Really hope someone can help
Thanks!
peterubers 
Silver - Posts: 706
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2008 at 6:08 PM / IP Logged  

It's probably near impossible to find the diagram of this generic alarm based on your feature set.

It's less difficult, but still challenging to identify the alarm brain when give a digital picture of it (hint hint)

If all fails .. it's NOT worth attempting any sort of conjecture as to what wire does what -- one short in the wrong circuit and you could seriously fry something in your car.  To purchase a basic/generic alarm off ebay with the features you've listed costs somewhere between $30.00 to $100.00.  Cost of repairing or replacing a damaged body electronic control unit is anywhere from $500-2000.00.  Oh, and to have your car diagnosed/troubleshot at any dealership is around $85.00/hr.

The search function is your friend.
joch1314 
Copper - Posts: 301
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2008 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged  

Yeah.....i agree with peterubers, i'd just throw that alarm away!  Go buy another one and save yourself the headache of trying to find the manual for that one, and also prevent any thing that can possibly go wrong!

...half of the truth can be worse than a lie. <----Roger Russell said that..
noobie4life 
Copper - Posts: 80
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2008 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  
There actually is a way to figure out what each wire does. Instead though, I would simply get rid of it. But you could still try and figure it out (while you are out finding a new alarm). First off, it you take the power wire and run it to the battery positive and run the black ground wire to the battery's negative, you will then get power to the unit. If the unit doesnt require you to program anything before the unit will work, you can simply use a DMM first to see which wires are positive and negative polarity. Then you could start figuring out which wires DONT do something and so on. Then you could go a step further and see what wires have voltage during different situations. Its still VERY hard and basically impossible to pick apart the unit 100% correct this way, but it can be done. Even if you do figure everything out and wire it up correctly (though unlikly without manual), that unit might not last long. I would go and get an actual brand alarm. I have an asianwolf 8000RS in my car. My fiance has the same exact unit though its the scytek 5100RS. We both have not had a single problem with them. I installed mine and it wasnt hard at all. You just cant be a dummy when installing them. If you want more info on these alarms, just let me know.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2008 at 12:50 AM / IP Logged  

What part of the British Isles do you live in antextor? (Toad is a giveway) also that fact that you mentioned Viper not Clifford tells me you have little experience, suggest you tell us what make and model car you have as well and follow the learned advice of the gentlemen above. Its PROBABLY generic (ie copy of) DEI colours but a colour picture would be so nice. PS The UK ref was "Beachy Head it"

antexter 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2008 at 1:00 PM / IP Logged  
Literally it doesn't have any brand on it, something I daringly brought off ebay the picture was of a viper product but I recieved a generic one which I just take is a knock off from the viper products.
I think I will just buy a new generic (crap) one.
noobie4life 
Copper - Posts: 80
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2008 at 3:25 PM / IP Logged  
Like I said above (aggreeing with everyone else), It is basically impossible for you or anyone to figure out which wires do what. Using a DMM would help alot and MIGHT solve this problem, but it takes tons of time and patience, plus ANYTHING can still go wrong. Two wires could be the same polarity plus have current at the same exact time in certain situations but accidently switching those wires when installing the unit could very well fry the brain or worse yet, mess up something very expensive in the vehicle. In my opinion, I would forget about the alarm you got. First off you dont have the manual. Second, its a generic unit which probably is built very cheap. If I was in your shoes, I would forget about that alarm and go purchase a name brand one. Atleast then you know you have a reliable alarm that wont fail on you down the road.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic