icon

good tricks to play on co workers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Bmnicolosi 
Copper - Posts: 173
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2008 at 9:32 PM / IP Logged  
hooking up the battery charger to a length of wire and puching it under a car being wokred on has always been a good one for me.  The smoke comes pouring in and the other installers wanna crap in their pants.
If you say "I already know how", don't ask me a single question.
absolutepower 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2008 at 2:22 PM / IP Logged  

Bmnicolosi wrote:
hooking up the battery charger to a length of wire and puching it under a car being wokred on has always been a good one for me.  The smoke comes pouring in and the other installers wanna crap in their pants.

so just attachin pos to one end and neg to the other? isnt it a lil risky though 

jeffwhiteman 
Copper - Posts: 124
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2008 at 2:34 PM / IP Logged  
i hooked the horn up to the brake one time in a salesmans car after i installed a phone in it(years ago) we all laughed as he drove away and watched him pretend he didnt hear it, and play it off like he was too cool... 5 minutes later he drove back with his tail between his legs. we were still wizing our pants. I have thought about, but never did remove the wipe wash hose from the resevoir, extend it, and run it into the car up through the crack of the seat.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 08, 2008 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged  
This is a real good trick to play on All of your Co-Workers.  Be the first one to work, everyday.  Do every job asked of you.  Learn all you can about every aspect of the business.  Learn all that you can about life.  When installing an alarm, try and find a few wires on your own, using a digital meter of course.  We do not know if this internet thing is going to take off.  If it does not, you will still be able to do your job.  Take pride in your work.  Make the underside of every dash you get under look like a MasterPiece.  Set a personal goal to never have an install comeback because you made a faulty connection.  I know the comebacks can never be eliminated, but a comeback that is not your fault is a good one.  The trick comes in a few years when YOU are the one that gets to pick and choose the jobs, or you are the one who is booked up a month in advance because the Public KNOWS that you do good work and they want ONLY YOU to work on their car.
absolutepower 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2008 at 1:52 PM / IP Logged  

i am an idiot wrote:
This is a real good trick to play on All of your Co-Workers.  Be the first one to work, everyday.  Do every job asked of you.  Learn all you can about every aspect of the business.  Learn all that you can about life.  When installing an alarm, try and find a few wires on your own, using a digital meter of course.  We do not know if this internet thing is going to take off.  If it does not, you will still be able to do your job.  Take pride in your work.  Make the underside of every dash you get under look like a MasterPiece.  Set a personal goal to never have an install comeback because you made a faulty connection.  I know the comebacks can never be eliminated, but a comeback that is not your fault is a good one.  The trick comes in a few years when YOU are the one that gets to pick and choose the jobs, or you are the one who is booked up a month in advance because the Public KNOWS that you do good work and they want ONLY YOU to work on their car.

that is not funny

audiophyle_247 
Copper - Posts: 79
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2008 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged  
i am an idiot wrote:
Who says you cannot do such work & have a little fun while you are at it. Life is not that serious, and you should enjoy the little time you get on this planet. I play pranks all the time, and I get my share of tricks played on me. I also have a strong client base & have lots of people request me specifically even though our shop does not book each installer. (our salary is not commission based)
You need to lighten up & have a good prank pulled on you.
Unless it raises the hair on the back of your neck, its only noise!
lil evo 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2008 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged  

I'm fairly new to the proffessional install world, but my old supervisor told me about all the pranks he had done at his old store and I've managed a few of my own since I went full time. Hooking the horn to the brake wire is a classic, we did it to one of the managers when he brought his brand new volvo in for door speakers. Pizeos on the unlocked tool boxes, shrink wrapped my part timer's tool box and left him a ransom note, nothing super serious.

gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2008 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged  
Ya gotta remember...... for each prank you pull at work, there will always be another prank to one up the last one. Turns into an odd cycle after a while.
Wanna have a fun working environment? Go out for beers. Be sociable. Pullin pranks wins no one over..... eventually you will get someone that doesn't see the humor in it, and it goes downhill fast.
I usually warn the young 'uns that they can prank all they want, but if they start pulling it on me, I will get the last laugh (old guys know the best ones, and we keep them to ourselves).
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
reax222 
Copper - Posts: 220
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2008 at 4:38 AM / IP Logged  
I have always been into rubber snakes, rats and spiders. In a box full of packing popcorn, a well placed plastic rat (hairy is best) on top of whatever the person is taking out. I like attaching a piece of fishing line to moving objects, so when someone opens a door, pulls out a keyboard or chair, a spider or snake comes flying at them. I had one that was beautiful, I had this kid working for me that was pretty much scared of his own shadow. I tied a piece of fishing line to the door closer and the other end to a 6" plastic spider and set the spider above the door way. When he opened the door, the spider slung down, I had the length perfect because it was exactly at his eye level. He screamed like a little girl and very nearly passed out as it slapped him on the nose.
The small ones work well if you place them on a ceiling fan. When a person turns the fan on, it sends them flying in every direction.
smoothdesignz 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2008 at 11:47 PM / IP Logged  
We try to keep the pranks to a minimum. Had a bad experience between a sales guy and manager I worked with. It came down to the sales guy losing his job. I think Gus had a good point, when the team gets together outside of work, you have something to laugh about during work... especially when you come to a party at my house. Controlled pranks are fun, til you lose a friend and co-worker because someone hit a soft-spot.
95 Mazda 626
Pioneer DEH-P960MP
DEI Stilleto
Boston Acoustic SL60 Front
Boston Acoustic S85 Rear
Alpine V12 MRV-F407
Alpine V12 MRV-T757
2 Rockford Fosgate P2D412
Python 990 Alarm/RemStart
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic