icon

which amp for 2 mtx jackhammer subs?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
buttni69er 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2008 at 1:30 PM / IP Logged  
wow. i came on here hoping someone has knowledge about what kind of amps go best with the subs i got but all you guys are doing is trying to get all specific about every little thing that aint got doodie to do with it.
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2008 at 1:35 PM / IP Logged  
Well... Then go buy a Zapco C2K4KW. Will it run those woofers? Damn straight. Will it blow those woofers? Again, hell yes, but you can always keep the gain down and have plenty of headroom.
You asked. You asked VERY open ended, and information lacking questions. You came here to try to get help from us, and that's all we are trying to do: help you.
It seems you have already decided on what you want to do, so... go do it. I'm done.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2008 at 1:56 PM / IP Logged  

buttni69er wrote:
wow. i came on here hoping someone has knowledge about what kind of amps go best with the subs i got but all you guys are doing is trying to get all specific about every little thing that aint got doodie to do with it.

First, there is no such thing as an amp that "works best" with a subwoofer.  Any amp will work.  Second, since you get what you pay for (as you are realizing with your truly bottom-of-the-barrel POS Jensen) we need to know how much you wanted to spend.  You said $200 and I have no suggestions at that low end for you.  And thirdly, "getting all specific" is what professionals do.  If you can't handle answering specific questions, maybe you should go elsewhere?

Support the12volt.com
buttni69er 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2008 at 2:29 PM / IP Logged  
actually i got that jensen on sale. for 150 aha. and your crazy if you think i go to stores and pay top dollar for amps. i can just get a slightly used amp from people i know for wayyy cheaper.
so im guessing i shall go with a 1000 watt mono amp with around 400 to 500 rms. thanks
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 25, 2008 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged  
Save my life I'm goin down.............. for the 3rd time..... how much cash do you feel like spending, and stop your complaining.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2008 at 6:30 PM / IP Logged  
OK here ya go. You want something that will run those subs than thats fine. First dont look at peak power, its as usless as tits on your sister, just look at RMS power. You want an amp that is gonna be around 350-500 wrms. See if you can find an MTX TC3001. It runs a couple hundred bucks in store and less online, it will pound those subs to no end and give you what your looking for.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
buttni69er 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2008 at 6:20 PM / IP Logged  
Ravendarat wrote:
OK here ya go. You want something that will run those subs than thats fine. First dont look at peak power, its as usless as tits on your sister, just look at RMS power. You want an amp that is gonna be around 350-500 wrms. See if you can find an MTX TC3001. It runs a couple hundred bucks in store and less online, it will pound those subs to no end and give you what your looking for.
thank you! finally someone with some real answers and not more questions for my question.
the prices of amps dont bother me at the store because i can always get them half price or less on the streets. just needed to know what to look for when teaming up a amp with my subs. thank you raven
wishuponansg 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2008 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  

if money isnt a problem why did you go with mtx jack hammers? y0u c0u1d hav3 atl3ast g0tten t3h 24 inch jackhammerzz, j33z, nubz.

tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2008 at 3:20 AM / IP Logged  

This thread pretty much sums up why I got out of the business.

How has everbody been?

There is no such thing as free installation!
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2008 at 6:31 AM / IP Logged  
Haha pretty much, they wont buy it from your store, but they sure will buy it from the guy that stole it from your store!
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic