icon

powering astrostart rs 10x

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
astrostart12345 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2008 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 96 Honda Accord and it came pre installed with a Astro RS-10X security system/autostart. The thing is it doesnt seemed to be plugged in under the hood I am just curious to know what the power options are should I plug it into the battery or a fuse? Thanks in Advance
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 25, 2008 at 12:55 AM / IP Logged  

It won't be "plugged in" under the hood. Look under the dash.

I am not familier with the RS-10x. It doesn't show up as a valid part # in my astrochart. Are you SURE it's Astro?

astrostart12345 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2008 at 8:41 AM / IP Logged  
I searched for it based on the remote and the only matched guide is the rds-10x i found the black and red wires unplugged under the hood though.They are just sitting there. The remote doesnt work but the lights on the remote does.
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2008 at 10:37 AM / IP Logged  
When you say "lights on the remote works" do you mean
a. The LED on the remote itself lights up when buttons are pressed, with no response from the car?
b. Pressing buttons causes the parking lights on the car to flash, without any action by the doorlocks, siren, or remote start?
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
astrostart12345 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2008 at 11:24 AM / IP Logged  
The Led Lights up with no response from the car.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 25, 2008 at 12:46 PM / IP Logged  

Have you traced these black and red wires back to the brain? This is important. From a power supply stand point, there is no need to be under the hood.

Typically if the is NO responce from the unit, there is an issue with the receiver (on the window) please forgive me

if I seem as if I am being overly simple with my replies here.... I do not know your skill level. I do know by your screen name.... you like Astro (like me) powering astrostart rs 10x - Last Post -- posted image.

If you get nothing at all.... look at the receiver on the glass. The master on/off switch will have nothing to do with your issue.

astrostart12345 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2008 at 2:03 PM / IP Logged  
Ok I will take a look at that from what I have already read the Master Switch is on the driver side somewhere. I will have to trace the wires and see what I turn up with. Thanks for your help though. I will post when i find something.
techman93 
Silver - Posts: 591
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2008 at 2:10 PM / IP Logged  
The red and black might be a missing siren if they are "just sitting there" and maybe the main module has been removed and they gave you a remote that goes to it but took the rest of it out and kept the other remote.
The wire I'm test'n isn't doin' what it's supposed to be doin'... I am so glad I printed that tech sheet, with the wrong info.
Do it right the first time... or I might have to fix it for ya

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic