icon

audiovox elvat5c f150 1999 remote broken

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ednasgoldfishuk 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2008 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged  
Ok Im hoping some kind person will be able to help me here, as I am clueless when it comes to car electronics.
I have a remote for my truck and it got wet today and now the alarm wont disarm. The wierd thing is the remote never used to flash a red LED before and now it does? Im guessing I need to reprogram the remote, but the problem is when I open the truck the alarm sounds and I cant start the ignition, also Ive read on here about the valet button, I have no idea where this is but I did read I cant reprogram if the alarm is still armed and sounding?
Thanks in advance and hope this hasnt been a completely stupid question
mad550 
Copper - Posts: 201
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2008 at 6:53 AM / IP Logged  
Do you have the over ride code? Should be a pin number given to you at the time of install.  If not I suggest you contact a local dealer and direct your questions there.
WOW Sight and Sound
Maroochydore
Nothing is impossible!
Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
ednasgoldfishuk 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2008 at 9:38 AM / IP Logged  
As I bought the car 2nd hand I didnt get any docs with it or anything, I only found out the make and model by researching various numbers on the back of the key fob!haha, so I guess Ill have to ask a local dealer, its a pain in the ass my key wont disarm it.
nikko0213 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2008 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged  

Find the module it is a black box (like 4 packs of cigs side by side).  You might have to take apart the lower dash to get to it(depends on where the installer mounted it).  Anthor place to look is under the driver dash put your body and head low at the brake switch and look to the left you will see a large wirirng harness coming from the fire wall it might be in that area.  Once you find the module it might be wire tied.  Cut the wire tie.  Look at the module and see if there is a 2 pin plug in the blue port.  If there is trace the wire coming from that plug and it will lead you to the push button.  The push button looks like an eraser head on a pencil and its black.  Once you find it turn the key on to the on position(your check engine light & oil light will come on).  When you see that you have 10 seconds to press firmly on the button and release it.  The alarm will shut off so you can start the car.  Hopefully the previous owner didn't put a personel code in.  You will know if they did, as soon as you turn the key on you will hear a weird siren blast.  If you hear that then you have no choice to send in that module into Audiovox and they will have to reset it.  Once you get the car started you will have to reprogram the remote.  If you don't have the owners manual of the alarm get back to me, On the module there's a series of numbers starts with S/N or P/N.  Give me those numbers and I can tell you what module you have.  Then you can go to the www.audiovox.com and down load the owners manual and it will walk you through how to program the remote.

secureauto 
Copper - Posts: 196
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2008 at 12:47 AM / IP Logged  
Check out this website http://remotesunlimited.com/, as long as your remote still has the F.C.C. ID on the back of the remote you should be able to replace it.
ASE Certified
ednasgoldfishuk 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2008 at 10:17 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the great response nikko, in the end i left it for a couple of days and it start working again although kind of on and off, so i got a new remote that works great but im not sure how to reprogram it, if i flick the switch back and forth 3 times the alarm chirps but makes no reaction when i press either button on both fobs?
any ideas and thanks for your help.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic