compustar pro9000fmas remote start proble

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
1989taurussho 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2008 at 3:35 PM / IP Logged  

Hey there guys and gals,

I just finished my install of a compustar pro9000fmas and everything works well exept the remote start... first off the tach is learnes correctly. i press the start button on my 2 way remote and the car flashes to confirm the command and so does the remote. the relays clicks inside and the lights on the dash lightup with the fuel pump humming for about half a second and then they all turn off... no error codes, no flashing lights, no sirien chirp, NOTHING. what is wrong? anyone have a clue? My car is a 1989 Ford taurus SHO with a 5 speed.

-mitchell

toxarch 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2008 at 11:05 PM / IP Logged  
I'm a novice so I could be way off but I just had the same problem. Did you connect the connector 3, pin 10 to the keysense? That wire is sending voltage to the keysense and not allowing it to show ground. If you remove it, the remote start might work. You have to change the options for that wire before you use it.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 30, 2008 at 11:42 PM / IP Logged  

Did you go thru the sequence of reservation mode?

(is the unit in safe mode for starting with manual trans?)

How are you getting around the clutch?

1989taurussho 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2008 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged  

toxarch wrote:
I'm a novice so I could be way off but I just had the same problem. Did you connect the connector 3, pin 10 to the keysense? That wire is sending voltage to the keysense and not allowing it to show ground. If you remove it, the remote start might work. You have to change the options for that wire before you use it.

Son of a biscuit... i was just wondering about that damn keysense one! I havent connected it so i gues i need to lol ill try hooking it up on monday and will post back. thanks for the help!

-mitch

1989taurussho 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2008 at 1:00 PM / IP Logged  
KarTuneMan wrote:

Did you go thru the sequence of reservation mode?

(is the unit in safe mode for starting with manual trans?)

How are you getting around the clutch?

if i dident, the car wouldent show start avalibility on the remote, and i have that one the remote so yes its in reservation mode. im not "getting around" the clutch i wired it the way i was supposed to with the starter relay wired into the starter wire after the clutch.

1989taurussho 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2008 at 1:18 PM / IP Logged  

Update... i tried thekey sense wire and it did f all. i also called compustar's consumer help line and the guy was pretty clueless and told me to reset my tach learn setting so i did but to no avail... however, now it sometimes turns the lights on the dash on for like a second and a half as opposed to turning on and turning off instantly. this gives it enough time to power up my electronic climate control. after that it shuts down again... i really want to get this working anyone know how the heck to fix it??? thanks

-Mitch

1989taurussho 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2008 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  
BUMP, still not working... please post somthing, compustar phone jockeys are usless i may have to bring it in somewhere... anyone?
schmoo 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2008 at 11:38 PM / IP Logged  
try siiting in the vehicle and depressing the clutch while trying to remote start.  What happens?
a true canadian eh!
dswift 
Copper - Posts: 396
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2008 at 3:26 PM / IP Logged  

Well since its a Pro system did you learn tach? Where did you grab a tach signal?

to learn tach on a cm-4000 or 5000 you hold the foot brake and hold button II for 3 seconds. You should get one flash. If you get three you have a bad tach signal.

Sounds to me you didn't learn tach, or a clutch bypass.
"dont ground out!"
dswift 
Copper - Posts: 396
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2008 at 3:29 PM / IP Logged  

Oh and it looks like your vehicle is eqquiped with a second accesory wire as well. You will need to power that up.

ACCESSORY 2 
BLACK/ green Ignition harness 

"dont ground out!"
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic