2008 mazda 3 oem remote start pinout

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
noisy crow 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2008 at 11:45 PM / IP Logged  

Hi,

I have a Mazda OEM remote start that I am putting in my 2008 Mazda3.

Yes, I am interlocking the clutch bypass with the neutral switch and the parking brake!

But I also I want the clutch bypass only active when the remote starter is trying to crank.  I can't see a good way to detect when the module is cranking vs. using a key in the ignition. Since it is not easy to separate out the actual crank signal I am hoping to use something else that will indicate when the system is armed. There is an unused pin on the one of the module connectors that the install manual labels "Active Output".  I'm wondering if I could use that... I know I could test it, but I could only do that after installing everything. I'd rather have the connections sorted out *before* I install every

Suggestions much appreciated!

albertatech 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2008 at 11:10 AM / IP Logged  
I would use the R/S status wire to activate a relay
albertatech 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2008 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  
Remember to use fuses and you could wire a LED light to the switch, or use a lighted switch.
noisy crow 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2008 at 2:32 PM / IP Logged  

albertatech wrote:
I would use the R/S status wire to activate a relay

The trick is I am not sure there IS a r/s status wire! I *think*it is the unconnected "active" pin on one of the connectors. I opened the alarm module and all the spots on the board are connected, and all of the pins on the connectors go somewhere. So whatever the "active" pin is, it should provide a signal of some sort......

albertatech 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2008 at 4:07 PM / IP Logged  
Meter it to determine how it acts when the remote start triggers start/stop, and locks etc. If its status should go negative on start and turn off when it quits. Shouldnt do anything with locks.
noisy crow 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2008 at 11:24 PM / IP Logged  

Was hoping not  to have to install it to test... but  at worst I put everthing it and leave the clutch bypass active even when starting with the key until I get it sorted out.

Thanks.

noisy crow 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2008 at 3:52 PM / IP Logged  
I still haven't put in the RS yet... but I am back to getting it done, winter will be here soon enough!
As noted, I need to interlock to the neutral switch and the parking brake switch. In both cases I need to look for the output of the switch being grounded. Can I just hang a relay off of each wire, or so I have to worry about weird things happening due to the +12V that will be applied to the wire through the relay's coil? I'd rather NOT cut the wires to insert diodes.....
Thanks guys, appreciate all your help!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic