icon

falcon predator evo 4 v2

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
phantome46 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2008 at 4:48 PM / IP Logged  

I would like to ask for some guidance with some technical difficulties I am experiencing with the installation of the Evo4 V2

The alarm has been fitted the car and appears to have a couple of issues

1 The siren started sounding and cannot be switched off even when pressing all  of the buttons?

2 The LED is on all of the time and does not seem to change?
3 The immobaliser relay has been connected and then the yellow wire from this is connected to the yellow wire (C3-6) from the alarm the car will not start by key or by remote start? Once this connection has been broken then the car starts by either key of remote start? Why is the immobilizer not switching itself off when the car is disarmed?
4 When the system arms you get 1 flash from the hazards but when you disarm you get 3 flashes? I currently do not have any door/boot/bonnet pins connected? I have tested the voltage coming from these wires and seem to have some strange readings?
1. Blue wire (C3-0) 4.8v
2. Purple (C3-8) 0 V – the installation manual says that this wire should be a positive feed for interior lights? As mine are –ve triggers I assumed it does not need to be connected?
3. Green (C3-9) 4.8v
5 C4-2 yellow/black – connection to ACC2 – i do not have this connected as it does not seem to have a function?
6 Once the car has been remote started – and the key is not in the ignition – if you take off the handbrake it stalls but not if you depress the brake pedal? Do i have to have a trigger wire connected to the brake pedal? Which one is this? (C3-5) do i split the feed to both the brake and the handbrake?

Could you please advise on what we should do next?

Has the alarm defaulted to a specific setting where the siren and LED stays on all the time? Have you seen this issue before?

I look forward to your response. I am very keen to have the product working on the car before I go out to my next show. My car has recently won the Autoglym Best in Britian modified car championship. (please see pictures)

Thanks

phantome46 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2008 at 1:20 PM / IP Logged  

I am trying to get my falcon predator alarm fitting and running correctly on my car, but during wiring I seem to have either wired something out of place or tripped the alarm into a set mode and now the alarm sounds all the time and does not seem to stop!

it was working fine but then tripped. I can still disarm and arm the system and the remote start works but it does not seem want to switch off the siren?

Any ideas on how to address this?

Thanks

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2008 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged  
I assume you are in UK, if so please PM me.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic