icon

2005 chevy cobalt starter wire, info

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
big sexy lac 
Copper - Posts: 153
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2008 at 10:22 AM / IP Logged  
Sent the email now that I took a good look everybody is correct you don't need it connected. Let us know how it goes.
well?
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2008 at 11:28 AM / IP Logged  
You need a PLJX or similer bypass, you do have passlock on your vehicle.
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2008 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged  
Agreed on the Passlock - '05 only Cobalt had the unconventional late model Passlock which requires the PLJX or equivalent to bypass it for remote start.
'06 and up switched to the hybrid Passkey3+ with a fixed resistance value in the ignition switch.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
Dragorus 
Copper - Posts: 75
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2008 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged  
chriswallace187 wrote:
Agreed on the Passlock - '05 only Cobalt had the unconventional late model Passlock which requires the PLJX or equivalent to bypass it for remote start.
'06 and up switched to the hybrid Passkey3+ with a fixed resistance value in the ignition switch.
So what version security SHOULD I have?. So I can look deeper cause I cannot or do not see the wires for it.
Aslo if I do find the security wires it doesn't explain how the car starts with no starter wire present??
Dragorus 
Copper - Posts: 75
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2008 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  
Dragorus wrote:
chriswallace187 wrote:
So what version security SHOULD I have?. So I can look deeper cause I cannot or do not see the wires for it.
Aslo if I do find the security wires it doesn't explain how the car starts with no starter wire present??
Went to the dealer today and they ran my vin # and it is confirmed NO PASSLOCK/PASSKEY3/ Or any security in my key or car lol. Confirmed today at the dealer !!!! So back to square one. STARTER WIRE !!???
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2008 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  
If you've got an '05 Cobalt without Passlock, you'll be the first I've heard of...I'm the sort of weirdo who enjoys reading technical literature and ALLDATA, DirectWire, Scytek Companion, and Bypasskit make no mention whatsoever of any '05 Cobalt being manufactured without Passlock. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt to some extent.
If it's true that your car has no Passlock and no starter wire, it should crank when the yellow ignition wire has voltage and the brown accessory wire doesn't (this happens when the key's in the crank position). Your car has computer controlled engine cranking like all the newer GMs.
Where do you have your ignition and accessory outputs from your RS connected to as of right now?
Also, I'm going to kick the Passlock horse again. If you haven't read this post on immobilizers, it describes how Passlock is
a.) not a system which uses special keys
b.) not limited to the upper trim levels of any model
c.) not related to whether or not the car has an alarm.
d.) combined with the lack of a conventional starter wire on the '03-'07 Ion, '05 Cobalt/Pursuit, '04-'07 Colorado/Canyon, and '05-'07 H3.
If you went to the dealer and asked them "Does my car have a key with a chip in it?" they were being completely honest and correct in telling you it doesn't.
Are the wires to your ignition switch something other than orange, yellow, brown, white, and WHITE/ black?
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic