2003 celicia gt remote start problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mik101 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2008 at 5:27 PM / IP Logged  
Hi guys,
I don't have alot of experience installing remote starters especially on newer vehicles and I was wondering if someone could help me finish this install for my sister on her 2003 Toyota Celica GT. The alarm sections and keyless entry etc all work fine now. It's just a cheap SPY brand remote start and alarm combo.
The remote start has START and ON wires, which i assume would be the START and IGNITION for the car, correct?
Issue 1:
I was told that I had to isolate the ignition 1 and starter wires
during remote start using a relay but I am not 100% sure how to hook this up without having a "ground when running" which this alarm/car doesn't have as far as I know. Any help with how I should do this would be greatly appreciated.
Issue 2:
Where this car has two ignition wires how do I wire it up to power both up from the one ON wire on the remote start? I'm guessing a relay again?
Thank you for the help!
peterubers 
Silver - Posts: 706
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2008 at 6:45 PM / IP Logged  

http://64.85.6.129/extrainfo/diagrams/14301_CELICA_TOYOTA%20CELICA%20IGNITION%20ISOLATION%20CIRCUIT.pdf

The above link is a diagram to help you isolate your toyota ignition wire .  On the diagram above, your "ON" wire (from the SPY remote starter brain) is the "WHITE" wire connected to terminal 86.  You will use this SAME "ON" wire to similarly trigger a SECOND relay for the second ignition wire on the Celica.  Please note, the second ignition wire does NOT need to be isolated:

Second relay connections:

85: chassis ground

86: "ON" wire from spy r/s brain

87: 12 volts fused

30: connect to second ignition wire on celica directly (no cutting of the second ignition wire necessary).

So, the "ON" wire will trigger BOTH relays .. therefore a "Y" connection will be made with this "ON" wire to both relay's terminal 86.

Are you sure there isn't a ground while running wire off the r/s brain?

Also please note: the diagram in the link above presumes your "ON" wire has a (-) negative output.  If it is a 12v+ (positive) output, then for the isolated ignition wire #1, connect terminal 85 to chassis ground and connect terminal 87 to 12 fused volts, and connect 86 to the "ON" output wire.

The search function is your friend.
mik101 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2008 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply. The manual and wiring diagram with this unit is pretty ghetto since its just a low cost ebay unit, but no according to the diagram that comes with it there is no ground when running wire.
Unfortunately the stupid diagram doesn't say whether the ON is a + or - polarity wire. I would assume + though since everything on this brain except for the starter kill output is positive output/trigger (there are wires for using either + or - door triggers though).
I'll give it a try later this week when my sister is around with her car and post back with how things turn out. Thanks again!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic