the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

1991 civic air conditioning wire color

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 09, 2008 at 11:08 PM / IP Logged  

JWorm wrote:
How about just remembering to leave the AC turned ON when you get out of the car?

Shazam...... problem solved.

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,674
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 09, 2008 at 11:20 PM / IP Logged  
I wish I had thought of that. Who summoned the SuperHero?
Tone2222 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2008 at 1:19 AM / IP Logged  
i am an idiot wrote:

How many wires are there in the Ignition switch harness?  Should be Constant, Ignition accessory and start.  If there are any more wires, there may be 2 Ignition wires, use a volt meter to verify.   With the vehicle remote started, if you hit the AC button, does it light up?

The AC button is a latching switch, isn't it??

With the vehicle remote started the AC button does not light up - and yes it is a latching switch. Whether it is latched or not it will not light up when remote started. Would the car start if it had 2 ignition wires?
Tone2222 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2008 at 1:21 AM / IP Logged  
What I meant by "Would the car start if it had 2 ignition wires?" is if I only hooked up 1 of these wires would it still start? - because I only hooked up one ignition wire and it does start...
i am an idiot 
Posted: June 10, 2008 at 2:00 AM / IP Logged  
i am an idiot wrote:

How many wires are there in the Ignition switch harness?

Many vehicles have 2 Ignition wires. Some have 3. I hear of them having to add a relay to many cars for the third Ignition because something does not work when the vehicle is remote started. Yes the vehicle would still run if there was a second ignition wire and you did not connect it. Are there any other Large wires in the ignition switch harness? If so use your meter and see if there is one that is getting hot when the Ignition is in the ON position.
i am an idiot 
Posted: June 10, 2008 at 6:11 AM / IP Logged  
After sleeping on it, the BLACK / YELLOW is the Ignition On and start wire. There is another Ignition wire in the harness. The other one is only hot in the on position, it dies in the start position. When my Ignition switch failed, the car would start, but when you let go of the key and it returned to the on position, the car would die. I had to put a relay on the BLACK / YELLOW wire, diode isolate the 2 ignition wires and had both of them powering the coil of the relay. I do not know why, but BLACK/ White comes to mind, if there is a wire of that color in the harness, check it. Good luck and happy cooling.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic