icon

2008 ford escape sunroof w/ dei 529t

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dan.mcneill 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2008 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  
I was just wondering if someone could help me figure out how to wire up this DEI 529T I just picked up to my 2008 Ford Escape Sunroof. I installed (2) 530T's for my windows already and those work great just the sunroof is a little bit more technical so I want to make sure it is done correctly.    
The sunroof operates as follows: there is a switch on the headliner that opens and closes. When pulsed to open it will automatically one touch the sunroof open, or can be held to open and stops when switch is depressed.    The other side of the switch closes the sunroof and has to be held the entire time to close it. Also if sunroof is already closed and the close button is pressed and held again it will continue to move the sunroof to the vent position.
To start, the DEI 529T will be wired in on my channel 6 of my DEI Python 990 to remotely open the sunroof and will be also wired to my ground when armed output of the 990 to close the sunroof when the alarm is armed.
I just need help figuring out what wires on the 529T go to which wires on the sunroof and which wires on the sunroof I have to cut, etc.
Here is what I am working with:
These wires are all connecting from the motor and switch to what looks to be a relay box above my headliner near the sunroof.
Pin 1: Orange / White: (+12 when the sunroof is fully open or fully closed, I believe this is for the automatic stop) This wire also looks to be going to the motor
Pin 2: Peach: Switch Wire (+12 Constant, but drops to +0 volts when the switch is pressed to open the sunroof)
NOTE: Sunroof has auto open so this wire is just pulsed and the sunroof fully opens, however if the switch button is held down instead of pulsed the sunroof will open and stop when you let go of the switch
Pin 3: Violet: Switch Wire (+12 Constant, but drops to +0 volts when the switch is pressed to close the sunroof)
Pin 4: Black: - Ground
Pin 5: Empty / Not Used
Pin 6: Blue: (+12 Constant, looks to be the wire that powers the relay box)
Pin 7: Red: To Motor: (+12 Constant to motor when the sunroof is opening after switch is pressed, this wire does not pulse even if switch is pulsed, it is always +12 constant when motor is operating and +0 constant when it is doing nothing)
Pin 8: Orange: To Motor: (+12 Constant to motor when the sunroof is closing after switch is pressed, it is always +12 constant when motor is operating and +0 constant when it is doing nothing)
Any input or wiring information would be appreciated.
Thank you,
- Dan
P.S. These are the wires on the DEI 529T for quick reference:
Pin 1: Blue - Motor, Side 1
Pin 2: Gray - (-) Output through activation, side 1
Pin 3: Brown - Switch ,Side 1
Pin 4: Orange - (-) Activation input, side 1
Pin 5: Black - Chassis Ground (-)
Pin 6: Gray/Black - (-) Output through activation, side 2
Pin 7: Red - (+12)V Constant
Pin 8: ORANGE / Black (-) Activation input, side 2
Pin 9: Green - Motor, Side 2
Pin 10: White - Switch, Side 2
dan.mcneill 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2008 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged  
One other thing I wanted to point out was that on the Pin 2: Peach wire, if it is just pulsed the wire quickly returns to +12 Constant, it does not stay at +0 volts until the sunroof is fully open. It will only stay at +12 Volts Constant if the switch is held in this position.
- Dan
dan.mcneill 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2008 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged  
I forgot to put that if possible I would like to retain the ability to be able to have one touch on my sunroof to open it if I am just using the switch inside the car and not the alarm remote to open it.
Not sure if I will need to change any of these settings or just leave it on Validity but these options of my alarm are available if I need to change them for some reason to do what I want my sunroof to do.
Also the channel 6 output on my alarm can be set to the following:
■ Validity: Output that will send a signal as long as the transmission is received.
■ Latched: Output that will send a signal when the Channel 6 button(s) is pressed and will continue until the same button(s) is pressed again.
■ Latched, reset with ignition: Similar to the latched output, this type of output turns on the first time the Channel 6 button(s) is pressed and turns off the next time the same button is pressed. This type of output additionally stops and resets whenever the ignition is turned on and then off.
■ 30-second timed: Output that will send a continuous signal for 30 seconds.
Also it can be set to be triggered by:
     CHANNEL 6 LINKING (NONE)/ARM, DISARM, REMOTE START:
     When programming to validity or timed output this can be programmed to activate when arming or disarming (or remote start) with the transmitter.
dan.mcneill 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2008 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  
anyone ?
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2008 at 2:22 PM / IP Logged  
You've pretty much figured it out - you'll connect the relevant wires from the 529T to the motor leads(orange and red as you say). The other factory switch wires can be ignored.
One touch operation shouldn't be affected by the 529T if connected to the sunroof motor leads.
Also, if you had concerns about the sunroof tilt they are addressed on the last page of the 529T's manual.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
dan.mcneill 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2008 at 3:28 PM / IP Logged  
do i have to cut the factory wires or splice in between them?
chriswallace187 
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2008 at 5:04 PM / IP Logged  
Motor leads of any kind must always be cut.
dan.mcneill 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2008 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  
would i need any additional relays to hook that up or can i just wire directly to the 529t?
chriswallace187 
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2008 at 5:56 PM / IP Logged  
The wires from the 529T can be connected directly to the cut motor leads.
dan.mcneill 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2008 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  
my ownly concern is the tilt feature and auto open features still working on the sunroof because in essence i would be bypassing the factory module. also i heard rumors of sometimes the window modules used with sunroofs can push them to far and the window comes off the track. so i just wanted to make sure i had everything correct.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic