icon

deckless?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
robb420in323 
Copper - Posts: 101
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2008 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  
I was thinking of taking out the Kenwood deck that has no aux imputs and just directly hooking my Ipod touch to the Eq. the eq is your basic kenwood 6040 RCA ins and outs.
would the Ipod have enough output voltage to sound good. or should i go buy a deck with the proper aux inputs?
Hunter S. Thompson for sheriff
robb420in323 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2008 at 4:35 PM / IP Logged  
LOL I knew it was a tough question.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2008 at 4:42 PM / IP Logged  
It might work.  Try it and see.  The real downside is being limited to using the volume and tone controls of the iPod, but if that's OK with you and it has enough output to drive your amp then why not?
Support the12volt.com
dragon51 
Copper - Posts: 283
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2008 at 4:49 PM / IP Logged  
Should work I have done something like that with a walkmen cd player I used the headphone output into a set of rca to the amp and it worked fine. Just remember to hook up remote turn on wire. You could wire a switch to it with a 2amp fuse then just plug in your ipod and turn on the remote wire.
robb420in323 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2008 at 5:07 PM / IP Logged  
I will use my EQ to shape the sound like I do do with the deck.
The only thing is. when done with a cd player or walkman its kinda ghetto.. I don't know if an Ipod would count as such.
Its just that my Ipod has all my music in it. and its a high quality playback device.
robb420in323 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2008 at 5:09 PM / IP Logged  
I could just do a system power switch up..
dragon51 
Copper - Posts: 283
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2008 at 9:19 PM / IP Logged  
It's still ghetto, but it also keeps wondering eye out of your stuff when they look in and see the deck is already gone. deckless? -- posted image.
robb420in323 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2008 at 5:57 AM / IP Logged  
yes security too.. My trunk has a lock so you cant pop it from inside with the button. and theres a metal firewall between the backseats and the trunk..
and all the speakers are behind factory grills.
the only thing showing is the eq and deck.. but anyone who knows car audio will know i have amps in the trunk just by looking at the eq.
(only rcas in and outs)
Thack79 
Silver - Posts: 526
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2008 at 1:14 PM / IP Logged  
done it a million times. except ive used an amp. Long as it is getting signal from something it doesnt matter. (walkman, cd player, tv, etc)  do this when im testing whether or not ive hooked up my inline converter correctly.  my remote ended up getting up to the switched accessory of the car. (that the radio was hooked up to)
daboss593 
Copper - Posts: 154
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2008 at 2:52 PM / IP Logged  
if your worried about a signal drop why not use a line driver? audio control has some pretty sick stuff. just my 2 cents.
OWWWWWWWWWWW you said you discharged the cap!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic