the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2009 dodge journey door lock info

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
desh187 
Copper - Posts: 310
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2008 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged  
Tried to do a keyless entry on a 2009 Dodge Journey.The wiring info i had on the vehicle is okay but the resistor values are not.I could get the doors to lock but it wouldnt unlock.This is what i did:
Power lock/unlock-violet/dk green(single wire)
Ground thru 330 ohms to lock and thru 100 ohms to unlock.
I tried different value resistors but all i could get was a click when i unlocked the door with the remotes.
Any feed back will be very much appreciated.Thanks
customak47 
Copper - Posts: 164
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2008 at 9:09 AM / IP Logged  
Put your red meter lead on the violet/dk green and put black lead on chassis ground. you should have about 5 volts on the meter. when you hit lock or unlock the voltage should drop a couple of volts per function IF YOU HAVE THE CORRECT WIRE. If these conditions are present, cut the wire, put your meter on ohms ( resistance) and put your red lead to the switch side of the cut wire, black lead to ground, and hit and hold lock, and the correct resistance value will appear on the meter. then hit unlock. I believe these values to be right, 330 and 100 so i think you have the wrong wire. good luck
My rifle is my friend...
hydroz_23 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2008 at 1:12 AM / IP Logged  
you have the right resistors and the right wire color. where did you find the wire? i have done a few of these and the only wire that would work for me is in the big harness that runs across the dash near the firewall
desh187 
Copper - Posts: 310
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2008 at 3:02 PM / IP Logged  
The violet/dk green changes to violet/lt green as i couldnt find any other same color wire in the harness on firewall which goes behind gas pedal.
Violet/dk green is from switch to kick panel.
Please correct me if iam wrong.
Thanks
hydroz_23 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2008 at 11:54 PM / IP Logged  
it goes up to the firewall and its by the blower too. this is the only wire i have got to work for locks. are you using relays?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic