icon

Passlock 2 problems Help!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
oolowrideoo 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2003 at 6:37 AM / IP Logged  

I just started installing my Viper 790XV on my car. I started out by attempting to bypass the Passlock system. To measure the required resistor value I cut, striped and reconnected the yellow wire, stripped the black wire, and now my car will not start at all. What is going on?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2003 at 8:25 AM / IP Logged  
Make sure that you actually reconnected the yellow wire successfully and that when you stripped away the black wire that you didnt cut it by accident.   
There is about a 10 minute time out feature with passlock II that will not allow you to start the car for 10 minutes after trying to start the car without proper resistence or no ressistence if one of the wires were cut.
So make sure that the wires are good, and make sure that you didn't accidentally tug on those wires and puul out a connector or something like that.
Where did you grab the wires?
Oh and by the way, my brother is in the Special Olympics.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
oolowrideoo 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2003 at 9:58 AM / IP Logged  
I got the wires from the loom next to the radio. Thanks
jrilla 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2003 at 10:02 AM / IP Logged  
What car...? Grand Am...?
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
oolowrideoo 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2003 at 10:15 AM / IP Logged  
yep, the thing won't even turn over
themagicone 
Silver - Posts: 325
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2003 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged  
turn the key one  and let sit for 10min then you can start your car if the wires are connected right
BobGAGT 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2003 at 10:28 AM / IP Logged  

I have a 96 grand am and my remote start / security got installed a few weeks ago.  I have the DEI 555L bypass module installed and somehow, it got unplugged.  My car would not start.  Even after plugging it back in.  I wired the passlock crap back to stock.  And this may sound funny, but it would not start!!!!  The theft light was still flashing in the dash and it was the most frustrating thing in the world.  So out of frustration, I turned the key back and forth like 15 times... on off on off, etc.  Theft light just stayed on then so I wondered.  Turned the key... no problem since.  Oh yeah, I wired the 555L back up too.  Everything works great now.  I hope that helped you.

~Bob

jrilla 
Posted: March 07, 2003 at 10:28 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah there really arent many possiblities here since you havent done anything else but strip back two wires, well cut one and stripped it and reconnected it.
Do what themagicone suggested and if it still doesnt start then go back and check your connections. Check all along the wires to make sure there isnt a connector unplugged or a wire pulled out of a connector.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
jrilla 
Posted: March 07, 2003 at 10:29 AM / IP Logged  
Bob I think you just had to wait ten minutes with the ignition on.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
BobGAGT 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2003 at 11:44 AM / IP Logged  

Ohhh... see I was told to wait ten minutes... not ten minutes with the ignition on.  Is that how it gets reset then (the stock passlock stuff)?  Thanks... you guys are really helpful.  :-D

~Bob

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic