the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2006 ford five hundred trunk pin problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xtac1080 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2008 at 4:29 AM / IP Logged  
Dropping a Viper 5900SST into an 06 Five Hundred and i'm having trouble with the trunk pin. I found the WHITE/ violet wire in the driver kick and hooked it to the blue wire on the alarm (trunk trigger (-)), and when I go to arm the alarm, it tells me the trunk is open. I tested the wire before connecting, and it functions properly, and still functions properly. Anyone run into this problem on these beasts? Also, has anyone found an easily accessible tach signal & hood pin wire inside the vehicle? Thanks much for any help.
Nick
mrcllusb 
Copper - Posts: 489
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2008 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged  
You need to diode isolate with a 1 amp diode.Silver band facing away from the alarm brain.
"ole blake"
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 13, 2008 at 11:08 AM / IP Logged  

Its just like the door pins. "open"  It's shows ground when closed, and nothing when the trunk is poppppeded. 2006 ford five hundred trunk pin problem -- posted image.

Theres a tech sheet SOMEWHERE, that explains how to convert these pins to pos. trigger.

You will need 2 diodes, and a 10kohm resistor. cut the trunk wire and place the diode inline with the cathode TOWARDS the R/S brain.

Just past your inline diode is where you will connect another diode in the same orientation.

Between the 2 diodes you need to connect a 12 volt source THRU the 10kohm resistor.

Now when the trunk is opened you will see a posative trigger on your trnk pin wire to your R/S.

The tach is in the engine bay, and the hood pin is @ the SJB, on top.

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2008 at 11:45 AM / IP Logged  

Any one want to use my old trick with UK Fords with the hood switch that sits on neg when closed and goes open circuit when hood opened? Just fit a regular switch next to it!

another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2008 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged  
had an '05 ford 500 come back with a similar problem. used diodes, worked fine for months, but suddenly kept getting the false. i ended up just removing the trunk trigger from the viper completely. turns out that the trunk also turns on the interior domelights when it is opened. since my other installer had connected the door trigger to the domelight, it still caught the trunk. this was also a viper 771 so no need to show the trunk on the remote
xtac1080 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2008 at 1:25 AM / IP Logged  
KarTuneMan wrote:

Its just like the door pins. "open" It's shows ground when closed, and nothing when the trunk is poppppeded. 2006 ford five hundred trunk pin problem -- posted image.

Theres a tech sheet SOMEWHERE, that explains how to convert these pins to pos. trigger.

You will need 2 diodes, and a 10kohm resistor. cut the trunk wire and place the diode inline with the cathode TOWARDS the R/S brain.

Just past your inline diode is where you will connect another diode in the same orientation.

Between the 2 diodes you need to connect a 12 volt source THRU the 10kohm resistor.

Now when the trunk is opened you will see a posative trigger on your trnk pin wire to your R/S.

The tach is in the engine bay, and the hood pin is @ the SJB, on top.

But I need to see a negative trigger. I'd really like to not have to reverse the polarity with a relay, is there any other way?
Thanks for the feedback everyone.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2008 at 2:16 AM / IP Logged  
Take the output to a relay, pos output to 86, 85 and 87 to good ground and 30 to trunk lead (blue) on alarm stop whingeing and you would have found this in the relay section before crying for help. You could also use a power transistor to flip the polarity, a lot cheaper, less draw (but the relay would only draw when the trunk was open) but not as reliable.
xtac1080 
Posted: July 02, 2008 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
Take the output to a relay, pos output to 86, 85 and 87 to good ground and 30 to trunk lead (blue) on alarm stop whingeing and you would have found this in the relay section before crying for help. You could also use a power transistor to flip the polarity, a lot cheaper, less draw (but the relay would only draw when the trunk was open) but not as reliable.
When you can learn to make any sense at all, i'll stop crying.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic