icon

2000 impala, carvox, performance teknique

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gsxrlvr 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2008 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  

1st let me say I did comb the forums and found a few similar mentioned issues but non complete or exact. Hydordancer91 seemed to have experienced some of the same issues but the post seemed in-complete, or no solution was found, so without further delay.

I have a 2000 Chev Impala. I installed a Carvox  alarm with remote start. (Performance Teknique ICBM-7071) Prior to installing a bypass I wanted to test the R/S with key in ignition. but no luck. I got lights but no crank.  Next I needed to  see what the car ignition was doing vs the alarm and bridge the gap. Pulling out my voltmeter I noted the alarms R/S module sends 12v to ign1 & 2  during start but not to ACC. I also noted the car has 2 ACC's (orange&brown) but my alarm only has one ACC output. I figured a relay will take care that so that wont be till monday.

Meanwhile useing T connects I tried emulating what the tumbler does and still no dice. Theres 2 connectors #1 has a red, brown pink and a small blk/wht wire. #2 has green, red, orange, yellow  and a small grn/yel wire. When I connect all the wires on #1 except for the small blk/wht together and the same # 2 except for the yellow (starter) and the small grn/yel I get all my lights on the dash but when I try to tap the starter wire to one of the reds nodda, even with the key in the ignition nothing from the starter. But as soon as I take the brown wire out of the mix I can get the starter going with the key, but only with the key. So with that said if someone can tell me what the trick is so I can make the needed connections or corrections to the start module I would greatly appreciate it.

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 15, 2008 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged  
I wouldn't bother powering the brown wire at all.
If you leave the brown wire unpowered, the wipers won't be allowed to come on during remote start, which is better.
Say it's raining, you park the car, and leave the wiper switch on. Overnight it freezes, in the morning you remote start the car........now the wipers are frozen, and you've got a good chance of burning out the wiper motor.
As for the other part, the Passlock II anti-theft system is part of the ignition switch. There is nothing special at all in the key.
Once you interface with the Passlock wires, either by using a module or investing the extra time/hassle doing it with relay(s) and a resistor, the rest should be fine.
Sounds like you have everything else right already:
Two reds: constant power
Pink, white: both should have power during Run and Start
Orange: should have power only in Run, should drop out during Start
Yellow: should have power only during Start
Brown: some people power it up as another accessory, with a relay, just like the orange wire, but most of us don't.
Passlock II: Right there with the ignition wires, wrapped up in black "hockey tape," are three small wires: yellow, white, and black. The bypass module's instructions will show you how to connect to these wires.
gsxrlvr 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2008 at 4:38 PM / IP Logged  

1st and fore most thanx for the response. Greatly appreciate the suppot. Ok well that explains alot. Iv orderd a DB-PASS-23 Passkey II/III. http://cgi./GM-LEARNING-PASSLOCK-BYPASS-MODULE-FOR-REMOTE-START_W0QQitemZ220245750482QQihZ012QQcategoryZ50552QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Per the insrtuctions I am to use the 2nd pin on th OBD plug. Hopefully this is a compatible unit.

fuzion1029 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2008 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged  
I couldn't find a deffinitive answer, but I don't think that will work with your car. There is a big difference between passlock and passkey. You have passlock. Try checking out www.bypasskit.com to find the right one. Here is the specific link to your car 2000 Chevy Impala.
gsxrlvr 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2008 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged  

You are the bestest...2000 impala, carvox, performance teknique - Last Post -- posted image. Ill se how fast I can get one and give it another go.. As sion has I have another crack at it ill post my results.

Thanx once again.

fuzion1029 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2008 at 11:23 PM / IP Logged  
You're welcome. Glad I could help.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic