icon

automatic window roll up

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bigjul45 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2008 at 1:14 AM / IP Logged  
I have an automatic window roll up and down that I want to hook up to my car alarm. I want to hook it up for show.  I have a 1997 Chevy Tahoe  will the unit  cause damage to anything?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2008 at 7:09 AM / IP Logged  
How about you go and read the rules, then tell us what alarm and what make of window closer.
bigjul45 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2008 at 10:52 AM / IP Logged  
Why reply if your going to be smart and not answer the question. I asked about automatic window rollups I don't care about the brand or the type of alarm.  All I want to know is what people are saying about them ie. they are problem they, they brake , they cause damage etc. If there is someone that has had experience with these please respond thank you
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 17, 2008 at 11:34 AM / IP Logged  

I have no idea. You might post what it is exactly you are installing. (heres why you should care)

Some are crap, but we cannot tell you, cause you did not tell us. Some are.... OK. Again, we don't know.

Bottom line, always post what your planning to install.

Speculation or facts.

chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2008 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged  
bigjul45, I'm going to agree that you need to be more specific - help us help you.
The year/make/model of vehicle fulfills the letter of the law as far as our forum posts here - unfortunately it's basically irrelevant to your question. In this case it's as though you were asking about a house and gave us information about what model buses the mass transit agency uses in your current neighborhood.
A general answer to your general question - any car electronic product can and will cause damage if it's
1. poorly designed/manufactured
2. improperly installed, or installed into an application which it wasn't designed for.
We can't tell if either of these is the case unless you're more specific. Don't let your hurt feelings get in the way of getting something done.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 17, 2008 at 1:57 PM / IP Logged  

If the window unit doesn't provide anti pinch detection don't use it.

Since we don't know what you are using we can't answer your questions.

The simple answer is companies make modules that can be installed without hurting anything, but other companies make stuff that will burn out the window motors.

Kevin Pierson
bigjul45 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2008 at 2:09 PM / IP Logged  
 found a link to the type of module that I have click here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XthdNNVAE8M Thanks to every one for your help and my apologies for not being more clear.
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2008 at 8:16 AM / IP Logged  
OK...english speaking fairly attractive* female voice in a video about the product...that in my mind says that it's not garbage. Also Asianwolf stuff has an adequate reputation.
I think you'll be allright with that particular module - keep in mind you'd need 2 for your vehicle to do all 4 windows up and down.
*I qualify that with memories of the Beavis and Butthead episode where they called a phone sex line.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2008 at 11:50 AM / IP Logged  
Stuffed a K*****d double din sat nav in the car recently, it had a beautiful speaking voice but what a load of hard to use tat, ah well back to Alpine.
bigjul45 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2008 at 2:47 PM / IP Logged  
I think I will just do the front windows since the back are child safety windows, or do you reconmend do them all.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic