icon

2007 honda accord rs/alarm ca 630

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rick99601 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2008 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged  
tomorrow ill be installing a code alarm ca-630 into a 2007 accord.(4cyl)
i ordered the pkh3 bypass, after you guys suggested that if possible because of less wiring.
is that the correct bypass for the '07? the directions included say otherwise..
and does anyone have any tips? im not a noob by any means but this is my first rs full install. i'm aware of the factory disarm/arm in the drivers door.
thanks!
hydroz_23 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2008 at 11:48 PM / IP Logged  
yes it is the right bypass. i dont know who said it would be less wiring cuz the only other way is using a universal bypass which is less wires. but the pkh3 is still very easy to do and works well. very easy car to do. i usually just ground the hoodpin wire it seems easier than going into the door for factory disarm. if your worried about a hoodpin you can easily add one. thats just my opinion seems like a time saver. other
than that really easy you should have no problems
rick99601 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2008 at 3:03 AM / IP Logged  
hydroz_23 wrote:
yes it is the right bypass. i dont know who said it would be less wiring cuz the only other way is using a universal bypass which is less wires. but the pkh3 is still very easy to do and works well. very easy car to do. i usually just ground the hoodpin wire it seems easier than going into the door for factory disarm. if your worried about a hoodpin you can easily add one. thats just my opinion seems like a time saver. other
than that really easy you should have no problems
could you please explain grounding the hood pin a bit further? thanks!
hydroz_23 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2008 at 2:10 PM / IP Logged  
when you ground the hood pin wire it will not allow the factory alarm to
be enabled at all ever without having to go in the door for disarm. the wire is GREEN/ black you can get it at the latch or the harness that runs   
along the driver side by battery.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 22, 2008 at 9:46 AM / IP Logged  
I'm almost positive you want PKH34. PKH3 is for older Hondas.
If you're looking to save wiring, www.idatalink.com has a couple of different pieces. They'll take care of the transponder bypass, and control the factory alarm, doorlocks, and give you a tach and brake output too. You can look at the install guide before you buy, so you'll know what it is.
Like hydro_z23 said, the PKH module is actually a little bit more work than just putting the valet key into a universal bypass box. It doesn't save you time, it just allows you to keep all your keys.
As much as I dislike running the disarm wire into the door, I'm not a big fan of disabling the factory alarm. I figure two alarms are better than one. If it were my car, I'd have the Code Alarm unit both arm and disarm the factory alarm.
You could run the two wires into the door for that, or depending on what you paid for the PKH3.......it wouldn't be that much more just to get the idatalink piece and have it do everything.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 22, 2008 at 9:49 AM / IP Logged  
P.S. Did you test your car for a factory alarm? What trim level do you have?
If you have the EX with sunroof and leather and all that, you have an alarm for sure.
But they did make a lower-cost model, I think it was the SE, that has no alarm.
1. Open driver's window.
2. Close hood, trunk, and doors.
3. Lock doors with factory transmitter. Leave car untouched for at least 30 seconds.
4. Reach in through the window, and open the door.
5. If there's no sound, you don't have a factory alarm, and you don't have to worry about running wires into the door.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2008 at 10:56 AM / IP Logged  
The PKH3 will work fine. I actually like it better than the PKH34. I would also get the HODL2 if you have the factory alarm. It will control arm, disarm, lock, unlock, trunk release and hood pin I think.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic