the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

1991 accord ex, ultrastart u441

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jmacf14 
Copper - Posts: 160
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2008 at 10:43 PM / IP Logged  
Hi, I am installing an ultrastart u441 in this , and every thing is great except the unlock will not work. I believe this lock/unlock works off the passenger circuit? because I can get it to lock, but not unlock with the remote. The same thing happens with the passenger door lock switch itself. I tried swapping switches but no go. Any ideas what the problem is? i think it is a bad oem relay or control module? Any input will be appreciated.
jmacf14
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 18, 2008 at 10:59 PM / IP Logged  
Is there an unlock switch on the drivers door? Does it work?
jmacf14 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2008 at 11:31 PM / IP Logged  
yes it works at the drivers door, lock and unlock all doors with drivers door switch.
jmacf14
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Posted: June 18, 2008 at 11:36 PM / IP Logged  
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~92918
Look at this and verify that you have the correct wires.
jmacf14 
Posted: June 18, 2008 at 11:50 PM / IP Logged  
yep, those are the wires, they were in a 2wire plug at the bottom of a harness in the drivers kick panel.
jmacf14
jmacf14 
Posted: June 19, 2008 at 1:23 PM / IP Logged  
anyone ever come across this before? I know it is something wrong with the unlock circuit in his car, like maybe the control module or something. I am curious if there is a way to circumvent that, or pinpoint the issue, and have the owner repair it.
jmacf14
jmacf14 
Posted: June 20, 2008 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged  

Well Here is an update for anyone that is interested, or for anyone else who might come across this in the future.

I determined that the power door lock control unit is bad. I found it in the drivers door. its a little gray box. I picked one up for $20 at a salvage yard and problem fixed. works great now.

jmacf14
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Posted: June 20, 2008 at 9:31 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks, that's good to know.
I heard from a co-worker just recently that those doorlock control modules do sometimes go bad.
My neighbor has a '96-2000 style Civic (I don't know exactly what year), and her power doorlocks stopped working, both from the switch on the door, and from the remote start that she'd had installed a few years ago.
It took a little bit of testing to get it all figured out, but it turned out that the ground wire for the doorlock module inside the door was dead. Probably the wire going through the door boot got broken. I grounded the module to another source, and it worked fine after that.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic