icon

98 toyota avalon remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kencat21 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2008 at 1:26 PM / IP Logged  
Ok so I installed a clifford 50.5x alarm and remote start in my car. i used the 555xw bypass and now if I have my keys in the ignition and i fire up the remote start it will turn on fine, but if I don't have the keys in the ignition it seems like it tries, but it never turns over. I tried the 555xw programming procedure numerous times, but still no luck.
Any ideas?
Thanks for the help,
Kenny
fuzion1029 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2008 at 2:24 PM / IP Logged  

Although Directechs lists that module as working for the 98 avalon, the instructions for the module don't.  It deffinitely sounds like a problem with the bypass, so before trying to find a different one, I would ensure that all of the connections are made correctly, go through the instructions again and double check everything.  Another HUGE thing is to make sure that all of the data connections are SOLDERED!  Do not use crimps, t-taps, or anything besides solder!  If you still have problems and you're positive that everything is hooked up properly, I would consider trying to find a different bypass.  If you need the instructions for that module for some reason, I can e-mail them to you, but I don't know how to post it on here.

kencat21 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2008 at 3:48 PM / IP Logged  
fuzion1029 wrote:

Although Directechs lists that module as working for the 98 avalon, the instructions for the module don't. It deffinitely sounds like a problem with the bypass, so before trying to find a different one, I would ensure that all of the connections are made correctly, go through the instructions again and double check everything. Another HUGE thing is to make sure that all of the data connections are SOLDERED! Do not use crimps, t-taps, or anything besides solder! If you still have problems and you're positive that everything is hooked up properly, I would consider trying to find a different bypass. If you need the instructions for that module for some reason, I can e-mail them to you, but I don't know how to post it on here.

Thanks for the quick response and I think you are right it's a problem w/ the bypass because if i wave my key in front of the ignition (not putting it in) then the remote start works perfectly. All connections are soldered. In the programming instructions it says that the bypass should light up and then turn off when it learns the key, but the led never lights up. And awhile ago I went to go see how much circuit city would charge to install everything and i had the alarm and the 555F bypass which i thought was the right one and they said it wasnt and I would need 555xw.
So which bypass do I need?
fuzion1029 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2008 at 8:32 PM / IP Logged  
I just checked on www.bypasskit.com and it lists the 555xw as compatible. You could check there for other options, but I'm beginning to suspect that it might be a problem with the install or the module itself.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic