icon

dome light and trunk for alarm 87 deville

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
boredaz32581 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2008 at 5:50 AM / IP Logged  
im having a tough time installing a 571x Viper alarm in my 87 cadillac deville. any help from someone would be great.
     first, i dont think this car has anything of a factory alarm. everything is working ok, but i havent gotten to the remote start yet. ive done that several times, im not worried. my problem is the illuminated entry and the automatic trunk pop in the glove box. ive never had problems (especially with GM car types) in this before. what am i missing??? ive tried every possible wire (the dome light from the fuse box, door triggers, etc.) ive tried all the different possibilites with relay formation that ive seen all over the web with no positive outcome. i cant get the dome lights to turn on unless i open a door (normal operation). same goes with the trunk, mind you that the trunk can only be opened by key or push button in glove box.
    has anyone else encountered such a tough time with this before or am i an idiot?
fuzion1029 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2008 at 10:34 AM / IP Logged  
is the dome light feature turned on for the 571? Trunk pop should be easy. Hook the RED / white wire to the correct wire coming from the button in the glovebox. If you're not sure which one it is, use a DMM set to continuity (the one that beeps) touch one lead to ground, and the other to one of the wires. You want the one that ISN'T grounded.
boredaz32581 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2008 at 3:24 PM / IP Logged  
how can i tell if the dome light feature is turned on?
boredaz32581 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2008 at 3:53 PM / IP Logged  
also, i tried the trunk thing and it still didnt work. i found the constant power wire to the button and it still didnt open. im pretty sure my alarms brain is cursed. ive never had this much trouble before. so for the dome light, do you know if my cadillac will need a relay for this to work? i cant find anything in the manual about turning it off and on as a feature. ive tried several different configurations with relays and wire wiring and i still cant get either of these options to work!
fuzion1029 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2008 at 6:12 PM / IP Logged  
If the trunk pop is positive, then you will need to reverse the polarity of the output from the brain with a relay. You know you need to hold the aux button for a couple of seconds for the brain to send a ground signal on the RED / white wire right?
It's called dome supervision for the dome light feature. Look in the manual for the programming instructions and follow that procedure.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2008 at 6:29 PM / IP Logged  
boredaz32581 wrote:
Im pretty sure my alarms brain is cursed.
I hope you realize you don't have an alarm. The 571xv is a remote start only.
Trunk release....wire a relay as follows:
86 - constant power
85 - RED / white trunk release output from brain
30- one of the wires at the switch in the glove box
87 - the other wire at the switch in the glove box.
As stated above, you do have to hold down AUX for about 3 seconds for it to work. Also, if the button in the glove box only works when the key is on, then it will work the same way with the 571xv.
Dome light supervision:
86 - constant power
85- BLACK/ white dome light supervision output of 571xv
87 - ground
30 - white (-) door trigger wire in drivers kick panel. You can also go directly to a pin switch if you can't find the right wire.
boredaz32581 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2008 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged  
ok, i tried both of the relay set-ups as you instructed for the ill entry and the trunk. neither of them worked. ive tried them all before from every diagram i could find online. the trunk needs a pos input and the dome needs a neg. should be a simple relay set-up for both of those, but neither are working. the dome lights come on when the door is open and the trunk opens from the glove box button with the key in, just like normal. so theres no problem with the equipment. the relays click as normal. and yes, i did hit aux (for at least 3 secs.) with the key in with no reaction. im afraid theres something wrong with the brain... but. to add to that. when i was setting up the automaticwindow roll up and i used the dome supervision wire on accident and the windows rolled up when i hit unlock, so i know the wire from the brain has current going to it. what are my options from here?
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2008 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged  
What type of relays are you using? What terminals are on them? All the switch at the glove box does is connect two wires together when you push it in....exactly like the relay setup I described.
How did you find the wire in the car that you are using for dome light supervision?
boredaz32581 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2008 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  
im just using a relay i got from autozone, its all i can find nearby. its actually a flasher, ive used them before and they usually work. you think this might be the problem? it has all the normal 5 pin connections. as for the domelight. ive tied using the door trigger, the pin switch from EACH door, and the wire that comes from the fuse box, and mostly the one that comes down from the pillar on the passenger side dash right behind the glove box (i removed the glovebox).
boredaz32581 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2008 at 6:50 PM / IP Logged  
i found this online in an instruction manual for another alarm. think this might be my problem?? normally my automatic trunk pop button in the glovebox only works if the key is turned on???
BROWN WIRE TO TRUNK RELEASE RELAY (OPTIONAL)
This wire supplies a 500mA momentary ground output. This output can be used to operate accessories such as automatic trunk release, etc. This output is operable when the ignition is off. This prevents accidental trunk release.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic