icon

location of 2 wires, 97 4runner

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Joe_coolish 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2008 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, I'm pretty new with cars, so I figured the best way to learn is buy a cheap-o and . . . well learn :) I bought a 97 4runner (SR5 auto trans) an alarm system and sound system and got both in with little to no problem, so I thought. . .hmmm how bout a remote starter :) I have it installed up to the last 2 wires. The Tach wire and the key side of the starter. I figured that the key side of the starter would be the other wire coming off the key, but there wasn't another wire! there were 2 12v const, the ignition, starter, and accessory. Nothing else!?! Unless I missed something. So, where do I find the key side of the starter? Also, the tach wire in the wiring diagrams of this site said that I could find it off the black wire in the Diagnostic port. well, there wasn't a black wire there. there was a white and black one, but no solid black on. I read in a post that you could find it in the ECM, which is on the pass side somewhere. But they said it was a blue wire, and there are many blue wires. So where could i find it? I don't want to hurt the truck, it looks nice, and I really want it to last me a while.
Thanks for the advice
There are 10 types of people in this world, those who know binary and those who don't!
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 22, 2008 at 7:15 PM / IP Logged  

The starter wire goes from the ignition switch to the starter solenoid.  The end of the wire that goes to the key cylinder is the key side of the starter.  The end that goes to the solenoid is called the starter side.

ringojam 
Copper - Posts: 215
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2008 at 7:54 PM / IP Logged  
You need to cut the starter wire. The out is to the starter side of the cut wire ,key side is to the key side of yr cut wire .Just run the tach wire to one of the injector wires on yr truck,2 wires go to each injector,just connect it to a uncommon color wire,Example all injectors have a red wire on  then each then the others have a blue. or green or yellow with a white stripe ect thoes are uncommon color wires hopes this helps.
Jamaica home of the worlds fastest man.
Joe_coolish 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2008 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  
oooooh. . . so when I cut the starter wire, the side that's closest to the key is the key side and the other is the starter side. . .wow I was totally looking at it the wrong way! That makes SOO much sense! Thank you so much!
There are 10 types of people in this world, those who know binary and those who don't!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic