Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Ixj159 
Copper - Posts: 68
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2003 at 5:16 PM / IP Logged  

Alright heres the basic info...

02 sunfire

Crimestopper Remote Start 900iv is the model number i think?

I'll try to make this short and to the point...

Everything is installed, including bypass, so dont think im a moron..... popped in the fuses.... starts fine, tried from different distances etc etc works fine......here is the prob...

in the mornings, or after a period of time around 6 hours... when I hit the remote start button, the car starts, runs for about 3 sec then turns off then retrys... now the car shuts off, it isnt the passlock acting up, it doenst die b/c no fuel or anything.... my thoughts is... something w/ the automatic choke and the cold weather is messing it up? cause after the car sits out all night, it get cold so it chokes which makes the engine rev higher for about a min or so then u can here it unchoke and idles normal, after it does that, the remote start works fine... to me this does not make any sense? why would the high idle alter anything? i thought maybe the bypass is set incorrectly? but obviously it isnt if it starts after it is warm?? i dont know whats up anyhelp would be greatly appreciated, this has been bugging me for quite sometime.. Thanks for the help....

Eric.

Two_Cold 
Copper - Posts: 91
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2003 at 6:41 PM / IP Logged  
Check your wiring diagram and make sure the Ignition 1, Ignition 2 and Accessory are properly connected. Double check to make sure.
Could also be your tach wire. Does you alarm model have a tach wire test or a learn feature? If it does retest it while the car is cold. Your tach wire source may not be working well in the cold.
I'm sure some of the more experienced people here will have some more things to check, but this is something to get you started.
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2003 at 6:42 PM / IP Logged  
What did you use to bypass the Passlock II? I dont think that is your problem but if it is make sure you go out there tomorrow morning and watch the security light to see how it reacts.
Your problem sounds like it could be the tach wire. Did you hook up the tach wire? If not, then do it.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
joyride2k 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2003 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  
My guess would have to be, you need to hook up tach. Crimestoppers are funny like that, they'll start in tachless mode for a few times fine, but then they do what you say yours is doing. Hook up tach if you haven't yet.
shonuff 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2003 at 3:17 PM / IP Logged  
After my remote starter was installed, for some reason I could start with the remote only if my blower fan was on 3.  I couldn't figure out why sometimes it would start fine sometimes and other times it would start and run for 2 or 3 sec. and then shut down and try to start again ect....with the blower on the dash set to 4 it wouldn't start.  If I moved it back to 3 it would work fine.
floaterr 
Silver - Posts: 383
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2003 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged  
Yup, needs the tach installed. The blower is keeping the voltage dropped to low. Espically when its colder outside. Things always seem to pull a little more current.
Good Luck

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic