icon

door lock to start car and roll windows

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ihiryu 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2008 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  
Hi I'm new here and this is my first post. I did search for this, but really couldn't find anything. I have some schooling under my belt for automotive electronics (TSTC Graduate), but I'm more of a general mechanic. I have a decent idea on how relays work, and whatnot.
Sorry for the long intro:
Anyway I drive a 92 Lexus SC400 (which I love to death), but I wanted to know if there was a possibility to have my door unlocked (manually w/ key) to both; start the car, and roll down the windows.
I got the idea from a Nissan 350z that I was working on today. On the Z, you can take the key, turn it to unlock in the keyhole, and it will roll down the windows. I'd like my Lexus to do that, and/or, if possible start the car too.
Thanks for reading my long post.
92 240sx Convertible KA-T
92 SC400
fuzion1029 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2008 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged  
When you turn the key in the door, can it unlock all doors through power locks? Does the key unlock the door manually, or drive the power lock motor to lock/unlock the doors?
If the key cylinder in the door is hooked up to a switch AND not connected to the power lock switch, then i supposed you could do this. You would need a RS/Keyless module, and a power window control module such as the 529t from Directed Electronics (DEI). The RS can be set to be activated from a single negative pulse that would come from the key cylinder switch. With more information, more help can be given. Give, and ye shall recieve.
fuzion1029 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2008 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  
Quick question though. I can understand wanting to roll down the windows, which you could do without buying a RS, but why do you want to start the car like that? By the time the RS goes through the starting sequence, you'll already be sitting in the car.
ihiryu 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2008 at 1:06 AM / IP Logged  
I'm not sure, I've never taken the door panel off, I'm assuming that it's actually powered because if I unlock the key twice, it'll unlock the passenger side.
Well there's a reason why I would like to have the car start this way, because I have leather interior, and it gets really really hot in texas. I don't want to crack the windows because I'm afraid of some punk kids doing something. Granted my car isn't the pretties, and I don't think I have any enemies, but I live in a small town with not much to do haha.
But yeah, I'd like to have the windows to go down, and the car to be on so it can vent the heat out.
92 240sx Convertible KA-T
92 SC400

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic