icon

remote starter problem on jeep

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dksob81 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2008 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee which I bought a new 2-way remote starter/alarm for.

Well I already had a different remote starter system which I installed about a year and a half ago, and the remotes stopped recieving information from the vehicle. so i bought a different system  Motiontek 8000R. Well I got everything installed and everything works great except for the remote start. It will start the shut off, the tach wire is connected and I know where the problem lies, The factory alarm is disabling the system when remote started, I need to have the doors locked (alarm armed) to remote start and if I push the button to remote start then quickly push the unlock (disarm) button for the doors the jeep will start and idle fine, if not it will start then stall.

The old system had a factory disarm wire (-200mA output), in which I connected to the VIOLET / YELLOW wire and never had this problem. The new system does not have this wire, but it does have a trunk release wire (-200 mA output) which I don't need a trunk popper so I tried connecting this wire to the VIOLET / YELLOW but this did not correct the problem. I also have the DEI 455T module connected except one wire BLUE/BACK, which I had connect to the  "(- 200mA) bypass output when remote started" on the old system. Also the Trunk Release and the starter buttons are the same buttons on the remote but to remote starter you have to push the button twice. and I realize this is probably my problem but i thought i would give it a try.

Well anyways anyone know of anyway to disable the factory alarm so it will allow my jeep to start., or anything I can do to get it to work.

jar754 
Copper - Posts: 142
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2008 at 1:07 AM / IP Logged  
y didnt you just buy a replacement remote? i am pretty sure this is an output for factory dissarm. where can i find an install diagram for that model
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2008 at 1:47 PM / IP Logged  
link to a diagram, i think
i hate those crappy diagrams. if the diagram above is accurate, you should be able to use the blue wire (remote start output to bypass module) down by connector 6P
jar754 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2008 at 2:03 PM / IP Logged  
use the blue/black(-) wire from the 455t to the blue(-)wire of the alarm module
jar754 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2008 at 2:05 PM / IP Logged  
wire colors are assuming that is the correct link to the manual provided by kelly
another-kelly 
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2008 at 2:28 PM / IP Logged  
jar754 wrote:
use the blue/black(-) wire from the 455t to the blue(-)wire of the alarm module
same blue wire i mentioned? there's more than one blue wire in that diagram
jar754 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2008 at 2:31 PM / IP Logged  
yes it is kelly, but you fail to mention the blue/black onthe databus
another-kelly 
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2008 at 3:01 PM / IP Logged  
figured i covered that with "(remote start output to bypass module)"
meh, again i hate those kinds of diagrams
dksob81 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2008 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged  

That BLUE wire in the diagram was tucked up into the module, that is why I couldn't find it before.I actually had to spilt the 2 halfs of the module to get the wire out, there is a hole in the side of the module for that wire but for some reason it was not in place and it actually has a tagged around it that says connect to by-pass module....lol   Yea some genius put this one together.

well anyways after checking, double checking, triple checking I seen the hole and the wire inside there, then checked the wiring diagram (same one as posted above) and this wire was the problem. Boy I wish I would have checked back here sooner, could have saved me a bunch of time. And even in the book  I didn't even notice this wire in the diagram until after I noticed the hole and the wire tucked up inside.   Well thank you guy/gals for all the help.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic