icon

fiberglass bed enclosure

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dodged 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2008 at 2:13 PM / IP Logged  
I was wondering about how much it would be to put a fiberglass enclosure in the bed of my truck. I was planning on getting 4-6 12's along with three amps. I do have a fiberglass bed cover with carpet underneath in case you were wondering. I also need to know about how many materials I am going to need. Thanks
jar754 
Copper - Posts: 142
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2008 at 2:27 PM / IP Logged  
a good forum for fiberglass is www.fiberglassforums.com alot of useful information on it, dedicated to car audio febrglassing
94chevytruck 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2008 at 5:41 PM / IP Logged  
Are you making a blow-through enclosure or just wanting to sit a box in the bed of your truck?
If it aint broke...fix it till it is!
traviscoots 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2008 at 10:04 PM / IP Logged  
probably the easiest thing would be to make a frame out of one by ones, then layer on the speaker cloth or you can use the stretchy wool like material found at fabric stores and start with the fiberglass resin. make sure to sand after every coat to make it easier in the long run. that stuff dries solid and is stubborn if its too thick and uneven. and then go with whatever shapes you want. once you are done with the fiberglass use body filler to smooth it out, dont go too thick, remember the vibration and body filler dont mix well and could crack it. and then just prime and paint and voila. be sure to anchor it down pretty good.  
possibilities are limitless. if you can think it you can do it.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic