icon

compustar pro, 2007 chevy cobalt

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
spun 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2008 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  

Hi, this is my first post here but I have been coming to this site for a long time, the info available here is great. just want to add I am not an installer I do stereo work as a hobby but when it come to alarms I'm out of my league.

Heres my problem, I own a 2007 Chevy Cobalt SS/SC. I have recently had a Compustar Pro P2W900FMR alarm and remote start installed.(at a pro install shop, not  Best Buy or any place like that)

The alarm works fine, but the remote start does not work, at first they had a problem getting past the RAP, when getting it to go into reservation mode, the radio would not turn off, they fixed this. But the remote start function will not work, it goes into reservation mode after I do the song and dance it wants me to do (the car is manual so you have to put the ebrake up and press the foot brake in a certain order) It shows up on the remote that its ready to remote start, it plays the little song to let me know but it does not work. They tried to replace the module (brand new, with a reflash) but it did not help, the car just won't do it.

Can anyone help to tell me what the issue with it is, I don't have many electronic mods to the car other than the HID conversion, it does have the 1rst stage of the Supercharger upgrade (done right at the GM dealership) if it makes a difference, there is also a full stereo system in it, the only reason I add this is because when I installed the HU (JVC 7" touchscreen) I used the GMOS-LAN-04, which retains the RAP, and chimes.

Help please

davngr 
Copper - Posts: 109
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2008 at 4:40 AM / IP Logged  
it's really hard to say what could be wrong here with out actualy running some test, but my best guess would be something to do with where the door trigger for the alarm was connected. perhaps the GMOS is sending some false trigers?   if the car won't remote start at all even under testing conditions then it might have something to do with a security bypass problem. also make sure your domelight supervision isin't active it can throw off the reservation mode as well. 
life is a comedy to think, a tragedy to feel
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2008 at 10:28 AM / IP Logged  
I have only done a couple of the Pro units (1 manual, 1 automatic), but I believe the remote has an icon that will show when it is in reservation mode. Even though it plays the song, it does not mean it is staying in reservation mode. After everything is done, what happens when you try to remote start? Does it flash the lights a certain amount of times? Count how many times, it is an error code. If it is not in reservation mode, it can probably be fixed with the info below.
When they tried to get around the RAP issue they more than likely hooked the Rearm wire of the unit up to the drivers door trigger. That works fine on automatic vehicles, but a little extra work needs to be done on a manual. They need to cut the factory door trigger wire and insert a diode with the strip side on the side going to the door pin switch. They need to attach the door trigger wire of the alarm between the door pin switch and the diode, and they need to attach the Rearm wire between the diode and the BCM. Then when the alarm sends the rearm pulse to shut down the RAP, the alarm won't see the pulse on the door trigger wire and it will stay in reservation mode.
spun 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2008 at 5:11 PM / IP Logged  

Thank you for your help guys, I will pass this info on.

When I try to remote start it, the remote gives me "Error Code 1" which I'm fairly sure means that the module thinks that the car is still running.

The door trigers and the BCM pulse were defenatly what was giving him a problem something about seeing the RAP at the same instant that it should see something else, I dunno like I said ,I'm out my league with alarms but what you described is right along the same lines as what the problem was so hopefully this solves the problem

I think I'm going to rip that GMOS out anyway just in case, I amped up my front end just to avoid those damn chimes anyway so if the RAP is the problem I see no use for it anymore anyway. I'm about to post pics of the car in the stereo gallery so if you get a chance take a look

Once again Thank You, you guys have been a big help

dswift 
Copper - Posts: 396
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2008 at 11:22 AM / IP Logged  

Well it sounds like a backfeed from the door triggers that is exiting you out of Reservation Mode. There is a easy fix.

Have the dealer put in a BLADE product thats made for the Compustar system. This will grab your triggers through data as well as do, doorlocks and RAP. Ta da!
So instead of a CM-4000 have them install a cm-5000. Not hard to go from one brain to another.

word

"dont ground out!"

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic