icon

not getting much bass from subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cdreece 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2008 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged  

Ok i am running a Fosgate Power 650 to 2 Fosgate power T115d2's.

The Power 650 is bridged all wires are correctley hooked up.I have a 180 amp alternater and a kinetik hc800 battery in the trunk i have 1/0 gauge wire from the front battery to the rear battery.

I have upgraded the big three with 2 gauge wire.Noticed when the bass hits the headlights dim and there is not much bass for what it is.

There are 2 seperate boxes for the subs both are (inside dimensions) 16x19x10 which from my calculations was about 1.75 cf.

The amp is wired white positive/orange negative to one sub and brown positive/gray negative to the other subs are wired to 4 ohms both crossovers on the amp are set to flat and this setup is refered to as Bridged stereo in the fosgate manual (on page 26 of the manual/ 28 on adobe reader)

The crossover settings for the amp  low channel are 70,100,140,200,280 and the high channel is 140,200,280,400,560

the signal is coming from an EQX

Anyone know where my problem may be? Had the amp checked out and everything was fine with it but for some reason it just does not seem to be putting out the power that it should.

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 29, 2008 at 3:53 PM / IP Logged  

The EQX has bridging capabilities for amps that require a bridging module.  Your amp is bridgeable you do not need to use the normal/invert outputs of the EQX.  If that is not the case, you are using the correct wires and you do have the phasing of the amp correct.  The only thing I can think of is you have one of the woofers wired out of phase.    You do have the switch in the 2 channel mode?  Or if it is an older amp the switch needs to be in the din hi and low position.  Or you need to feed all 4 inputs of the amp.    Try unhooking the left RCA from the amp, both lefts if you are using all 4 inputs.  If the bass gets louder with the left RCAs unhooked, you have a woofer wired out of phase.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic