94 mazda mx6, new system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lilgringojr 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2008 at 11:11 PM / IP Logged  

Hey to all. 

Here's my story.  So recently i got a pair of Infinity Kappa 50.7component system for my front speakers and some polk 5x7 db571 for the rear of my 94 mazda mx6.  After finally getting everything hooked up in the car i started the system up and started hearing alot of distortion somewhat scratchie from the tweeters but the audio was playing. Immediately i went back in and took of the front tweeters from the component system and found i had overlooked some things when wiring and wired the tweeters directly with the audio in. So after getting everything back and playing with the settings in my aftermarket radio(pioneer deh-p550mp) i found that while fading the sound from front to rear speakers i found that when i faded it to the rear all the way the tweeter distortion in the rear would stop but when faded to the front the woofers would cause some distortion in return causing distortion in the rear tweeters.  So while i was messing with all those setting out of nowhere all the speakers inside stop playing the headunit was still playing and i could hear the subs pounding in the back.  So after testing the speakers and headunit i figured it was the headunits internal amp that blew so i wound up getting a new pioneer deh-p400ub for starters, the music is on again and playing all around but i'm still getting that distortion from the tweeters in the rear when the music is faded more to the front.  any ideas on what can be causing this or i'm i gonna have to get a new set of speakers

still_walkin 
Silver - Posts: 644
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2008 at 9:01 AM / IP Logged  
if the internal amp in the radio is fired you can plug your other speakers to another amp if your radio has two preouts. one way to test your speaker is is to get a 9 volt batter y and out the terminal on the batteries termianls and you should get a pop ou the pseaker if you dont them your speakers are blown also the speakers cone c shoud be stiff not loose and go up  and you should nt hear any scuffs or scratching noises
1993 sdv
Alpine 4x6 6x9 5 1/4 swr-10d4
alpine v60
12.5 VGA flip down
Nettop pc w/10" touch screen
78nova
5-re audio 5x7 ,10" sub &
Xtx-500.5
"Take the faceplate off get the jumperpack"

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic