scytek alarm advise needed

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
arm206 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2008 at 5:46 AM / IP Logged  
Hello everybody,
I like to ask some help about a ScyTek (Galaxy) 3000+ 2W car alarm and it’s pagers.
The installation of the alarm was done by me. The car is a KIA Cee’d hatchback, 2007.
The installation went smooth (this was the first time I installed a car-alarm, but I have some experiences with similar equipments), and everything is working as expected --- except the pagers, and the passive arming.
The pagers _are working_ but not like they should work according the manual. The differences are the following:
- If I press button1 on the pager, it locks the doors and arms the system.
- If I press button1 again, it unlocks the doors and disarms the system - instead of the “remote sensors disable” function stated in the manual.
- Pressing button2 (the “unlock/disarm” button according the manual) seems to have no effects at all.
- The “C” button (button5) of the pager has 2 modes/settings that are not mentioned on the manual: PSU and LP6 (or LPG?). I have no clue what functions they have.
All other functions of the the pagers are tested and working.
The other functional difference is, that if I activate the Passive Arming or the Auto Rearming function it also locks the doors albeit the Passive Door Locking is set to _disabled_.
If anybody has some experiences with ScyTek alarms, give me some advise please.
The alarm is this one: http://www.ecarsecurity.com/Galaxy-3000-2w-p/3000-2w.htm
The manual: http://scytek.net/pdf/product_galaxy_security_3000plus_manual.pdf
The pagers are not mentioned in this one, but they are in the 5000’s manual: http://scytek.net/pdf/product_galaxy_combo_5000RS-2W_manual.pdf
arm206 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2008 at 12:40 PM / IP Logged  
(Sorry for all the language-mistakes I made (and probably continue to make) English is not my native language.)
After reading some more product manuals from ScyTek, some things became clearer. It seems, that the pagers from Galaxy 3000+ 2W are not identical with the pagers of the Galaxy 5000RS-2W, but with this alarm (5000RS-2W-1-SP):
http://scytek.net/pdf/product_galaxy_combo_5000RS-2W-1-SP_manual.pdf
It seems that if you have the 2-way LCD transmitters only, you are not able to enter the “remote sensors disable”-mode. If anybody can confirm this, please do so.
I also figured out that “PSU” should read “PSV”, and it is supposed to turn the passive arming on/off. Still no clue what “LPG” is for.
Also still no clue why the passive door licking can’t be turned off.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 01, 2008 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  
Not very familiar with Scytek, but:
1. Many brands let you configure the remotes in different ways.
You can usually program all of the buttons according to the icons on their labels, or alternately, you can often program them any other way that you want.
They sometimes give you the option of using a single button for arm and disarm, so that you'll have more buttons left over to control other features (minivan sliding doors, etcetera).
Maybe you could go through the programming steps for the remotes again, and see if you're required to program each button separately, or if there's a "quick learn" procedure that automatically assigns the buttons for you.
2. Sorry to hear that your system is stuck on passive locks. I have no idea about that one.
arm206 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2008 at 11:11 PM / IP Logged  
Hi Chris,
Thanks for the answer.
I did not found any possibilities to reprogram the 2-way LCD transmitters’ buttons. Unfortunately the product’s manual does not contains anything about this type of remotes at all, literally. And the customer support is ignoring every mails I have sent them. (It seems it is a habit of theirs. I read this in other posts about ScyTek too.)
Currently I read manuals randomly about ScyTek alarms, hoping they will bring new ideas to try out.
noobie4life 
Copper - Posts: 80
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2008 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged  
Does your alarm only come with the 2 way remotes?
arm206 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2008 at 11:42 PM / IP Logged  
noobie4life wrote:
Does your alarm only come with the 2 way remotes?
Yes.
noobie4life 
Copper - Posts: 80
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2008 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged  
Is there any way that you can buy a 1 way remote for it, or does it simply only use 2 ways?
arm206 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2008 at 11:51 PM / IP Logged  
OFF:
noobie4life wrote:
Is there any way that you can buy a 1 way remote for it, or does it simply only use 2 ways?
I guess you can/could buy extra 1w remotes and IF the tech support would answer my questions I could answer you for sure.
The main reason I started this thread is to talk with people who have experience/knowledge about the issue and so hypothesises can be confirmed.
ON:
The 2w remote works _exactly_ as described in the manual of the Astra 777 alarm (Astra is also a ScyTek brand). I think this part is solved - the original manual of the product simply misinforms you. It should contain the relevant pages from the Astra 777 manual. (This means BTW that you can’t use the “remote sensors disable” function with the supplied 2w LCD remotes. You have to have 2 different kind of remotes with you if you want to reach all functions of the alarm. Something you ought to know before choosing this brand.)
The other part - why the brain locks the doors by auto rearming/passive arming even if Passive Door Locking is set to disabled - is still unsolved.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2008 at 3:33 AM / IP Logged  

wow its been a long time since i have been on the12volt. but i can help you for sure. the sctek units often come with 2 remotes either

1- 2-way Pager

1- 1-way (spare)
OR

2 - 1 way remotes

so yes you can purchase the 1 way remote alone, but getting tech support from scytek isnt so pleasent. ebay would be your best bet for the remotes since scytek wont sell them to you.

if you want to disable a sensor, you have to go through programming mode. OR if you want it to ignore the door trigger( dont know why anyone should) arm your system and leave a door open for 30 seconds since the alarm ignores any zones that are triggered during that 30 seconds.

PSV is passive arming. you have to enter programming mode to disable the passive arm or enable it at least. I have tried before using the 2way pager and it doesnt work properly. at times it will be okay, and sometimes it doesnt even bother. note: when using the psv setting on the 2way if i remember your key must be in ignition to set it. PSV is nice to have incase you accidently disarm your system it will relock after 30 seconds. the doors might be locking because of ignition controlled unlocks.

arm206 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2008 at 4:57 AM / IP Logged  
tedmond,
first: a 1000 thanks for answering me.
The alarm I purchased came with 2 pagers only (no 1-way). It is this one:
http://www.ecarsecurity.com/Galaxy-3000-2w-p/3000-2w.htm
As far as I know, ScyTek sells 2 types of 1-w remotes to the Galaxy brand. The first one:
http://www.ecarsecurity.com/T5-5-button-remote-p/t5a.htm (works on 433 MHz).
And the other one:
http://www.ecarsecurity.com/T5-5-button-remote-p/t5.htm (works on 303 MHz).
The given instructions how to figure out which one you need are: check your existing 1-w remote (what I don’t have); or contact for support (but they don’t give any).
Do you have any infos how to choose the correct one?
My other question:
tedmond wrote:
the doors might be locking because of ignition controlled unlocks.
Could you explain this, please?
(About the car: it has an ignition/rpm controlled lock/unlock mechanism. The doors are locked if the car reaches a certain speed, and they are unlocked if you remove the key form the ignition switch (also not by turning off the ignition, but really removing the key). The door locks are „negative door locks”. The wires are connected correctly.)
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic