aftermarket door actuator

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fisherclive 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2008 at 4:14 PM / IP Logged  
Hello.
I have a 2005 chevy silverado 4.3l. I had a remote start/alarm system installed in 2006. I also had door lock actuators installed as well that unlock the doors when I disarm the alarm, and lock the doors when I arm the alarm-both doos lock and unlock at the same time. I would like to add a unlock/lock button on the drivers side door arm rest(one on the passenger door would be great but not necessary)
I'm pretty sure I have an audiovox 500 system. Is it possible to program the alarm/remote start to lock the doors when I start the engine with the key and unlock the doors when I shut the engine off? How about lock doors when I shift to drive and unlock when I shift to park? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Clive
ceasar326 
Copper - Posts: 239
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2008 at 5:16 PM / IP Logged  
To lock and unlock at shift positions you need to add relays to add powere to the relays that lock and unlock from your alarm same go's with the switch that you wanna add.
fisherclive 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2008 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  
Would you have a wire diagram for that by chance?
ceasar326 
Copper - Posts: 239
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2008 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  
I don't have a diagram. To hook up a switch you will need 2 relays. One for locking and one for unlocking. You would hook up the relay as follow.
86 -12v
87&85- (-) of lock switch
87a- not connected
30- to lock wire of alarm
For unlocking same steps except
87&85- (-) of unlocking switch
30- to unlocking wire of alarm
I recomend adding a diode to lock and unlock wire from alarm to prevent negative pulse to go to alarm.
most alarms have options to lock when drive and unlock when park. If not its the same setup as the swith.
techman93 
Silver - Posts: 591
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2008 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  
Actually after market systems is ignition auto lock with key on the doors would lock, then when you turn the key to off they would unlock. I don't know of any after market system that does it when shifted from park.
The wire I'm test'n isn't doin' what it's supposed to be doin'... I am so glad I printed that tech sheet, with the wrong info.
Do it right the first time... or I might have to fix it for ya
cmhayden83 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2008 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  
its all a matter of going back to the retailer and asking them to program it that way we would fix that at my shop 4 free and on the spot. what am i saying it wouldnt have left like that!lol
chuck

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic